JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

New Galaxy Watch does not count steps

(Topic created: 10-13-2019 04:03 PM)
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi! Just got my Galaxy Watch yesterday. And already today it stopped counting steps. It counted a little and then all together quit. I reset it multiple times and after the third time it counted 50 steps and quit again. Any one else is having this issue?

446 Replies
userZc9dDqkh0G
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

This is so unfortunate.  Such a beautiful watch but I brought it for the fitness features and they don’t work.  Step count is not working.  I will be returning it this evening.

The YouTube fix is the most hilarious thing ever!  The best way to get the watch to work...is to not look at the step count!!!  It’s so ‘The Emperor’s New Watch’!

Fitbit makes terrible products too, unfortunately.  I brought a Versa and it stopped working about two weeks afterward.  I emailed back and forth with their customer service for two weeks with none of their suggestions working, after which time I requested a refund.  They refused.  I’ll never buy another Fitbit again.

Garmins monitor steps and heart rate very accurately but the design of their middle price range watches is lacking.  Horrible displays and available watch faces.  The screen didn’t activate reliably on wrist turns and the watch face was either a purple color or unreadably dim.

I’ll be using my old Apple Watch until the Google Watch comes out later this year.

userYjYXfx73Ew
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I got my watch a couple months ago, but the steps aren't count correctly. I measured the steps and the app counted 100 steps in 30 seconds. Someone with a solution?

userXwT05zhcnQ
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Had the same problem. Sent it to the service department and changed the mainboard. Everything is ok now.

user69ItBwUVD6
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

LOVE the new Galaxy Watch Active 2, BUT the step count is rediculously inaccurate. I used with FitBit one day, and then with an Apple Watch on the next day to be sure.  The Fitbit and Apple were within a reasonable difference than each other, given each uses different software, etc to calculate- (Fitbit 8820 steps  & Apple Watch 8991 steps)   and the Galaxy logged 3187. Seriously?!  I'm trying to find another third party step counter app (rather than Samsung Health)  that will work with the watch to see if that makes a difference BEFORE the return period runs out on the watch. Reviews from practically everywhere mention same issue.  This is my first Samsung Watch, and may very well be my last if I can't get an accurate step count... especially for $300.  Anybody been able to find a solution, like another pedometer app that is more accurate?  ðŸ˜©

JayF
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

What I kind of noticed with my Galaxy Watch Active 2 is that it doesn't really count less than approx. 15 steps consecutively. I think it's to prevent counting unneccessary hand motions or other motions that aren't steps. When I was using Fitbit before it would count each and every movement (steps and hand motions, etc.) So, for me, I felt Fitbit overcounted steps. I also felt Fitbit over calculated the calories burned but that's a different issue. Anyway, I do hope you find a solution. I'm really happy with my GWA2. 

0 Likes
usermauy7Tgrus
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I am having the same issue and it is really making me mad, especially because I like the watch and my husband got it for me for Christmas. With my Fitbit I was averaging well over 20k step per day, with the Active 2 I am lucky if I get over 16k. I take a class called Body Combat where I get at LEAST 7k steps per class. Yesterday was my first day using the watch in class and I only got just over 4000. I really don't want to have to take it back but it will be useless to me if it doesn't accurately count steps.

0 Likes
usersrUqWYhOKe
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I recently have been experiencing the same issue. My steps are less than what they used to be. I walk about the same every day and nothing has changed much. I haven't reached my goal in a few weeks for this reason. Smiley Indifferent

0 Likes
userJzkFgkpOiq
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I hope they go to whatever software Fitbit is using. Mine is horrible. I upgraded my Versa to the Active instead of going Versa 2 because I thought some of the other features were better. I was stunned on the first day when I didn't even average 3000 steps?!?! It's beyond poor. Some many complaints all over Google and YouTube. I wish I had saw that first it wasn't until I saw how low my steps registered I really started looking into. Now to decide by Sunday keep or return 😕 Trying to act like their system is more accurate PLEASE!! And EVERY OTHER app or device is wrong. 😡

0 Likes
userkYHf8YOeS9
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

If you review the data sheet from samsung health it shows multiple corrections.  I assume these corrections are based on additional movements as well as distance traveled. 

0 Likes
userObRRIvCNl3
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Did you ever get feedback on this issue? Was it corrected? I am experiencing the same with my Actice 2. I spent over two hours actively moving, then recieved a reminder to "start moving," which I was very confused by. I checked my step count, and my watch definitely had not been counting my steps. So frustrating. 

@samsung978531

0 Likes