Original topic:

Inconsistent notifications Active 2 watch and non-Samsung Android

(Topic created on: 4/21/21 2:28 AM)
userKwz1oAhLIf
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I just got a Galaxy Active 2 watch and I'm pretty happy with it aside from the issue that notifications are working very intermittently. I can often get it to work again by turning on and off Bluetooth, clearing the cache on the Wearables app, or deleting all the data on the app, but this is getting a bit tiring. I'm not sure how to know if it's my phone or the watch, or maybe some setting or other app interfering... I use Bluetooth earbuds with my phone with minimal issues. I tried to search this issue but I can only find threads where it says notifications aren't working at all, and obviously they work sometimes for me.

Also it does seem like the Bluetooth disconnects sometimes, but when the notifications aren't working it always says it's connected. 

Appreciate any help!

4 Replies
userl9LpzFYxXT
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I had the same problem. I got a new non Samsung Android phone to upgrade my Galaxy S8 and my watch kept disconnecting.

This is how I fixed it.

I started off by enabling developer mode and watching the Samsung apps and noticed the Watch Active 2 Plugin app went from 2 running services to 1 everytime my watch disconnected.

So I moved over to cached applications and saw that the Samsung Accessory Service would restart everytime it disconnected.

I headed over to the Play store and found the Samsung Accessory Service app and uninstalled it, then immediately installed it again and the problem seems to have gone away. 

0 Likes
userKwz1oAhLIf
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thanks for your reply, unfortunately I just tried this and it didn't work :\

0 Likes
usermaQ02DMCjp
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi, had the same problem. This morning opened the Samsung health app on my phone; sleep record was there. Thought if couldn't view on watch this would be OK, but since I accessed the app it's now showing on my watch again.

0 Likes
Members_U8OgOF0
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I'm having the same issue with the galaxy active 2! I've only had the watch a little over a week, and I'll get notifications/texts on the watch sometimes. Very inconsistent. I'm thinking of returning it. 

0 Likes