cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Inconsistent tracking

I'm very disappointed that a $250+ watch has very inconsistent tracking when I use it for daily walks. This is my second Samsung watch in less than 6 months. I returned the first one, which was an Active 2 that I got at Costco over the holidays, because it tracked very inconsistently. I would return this one, too, if that was an option, but I got it when I upgraded my phone to an S20 and the short return time has passed. 

I've been using various and multiple smartwatches/bands and fitness tracking apps on my phone for YEARS. Currently, I wear the Samsung watch and a Mi band 4 on my wrist, UA Sonic running shoes on my feet,  and use MayMyFitness, Runkeeper, Mi Fit, and Samsung Health on my phone. Over the past month,  I've had MULTIPLE cases where my Samsung Galaxy watch grossly undertracked and a few times where it overtracked the distance I traveled. My usual walking mile pace is between 15:30 & 17:30, depending on whether in walking fast or out for a stroll. The watch has given me paces between 2:45-14:30 when it undertracks, but more often the undercounting is 5:00 or less! The few times it overtracked, it was over by about 3 minutes. 

I am running the Samsung Health app, which is consistent with my other apps and the mi band.  I've tried to figure out if there is an adjustment for the GPS sensitivity, but I can't even figure out how to get to it if there is. 

I'm still wearing the watch for now, but will likely stop soon unless I can fix this problem. What's the point of paying so much money for a smartwatch to help you track your activity when the device proves itself to be inconsistent and unreliable?! 😞

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Halo

Re: Inconsistent tracking

If you're using the built in, native running/walking app, if you hit the 3 little horozontal bars on the right of the screen, you get into a menu for that activity.  WIthin that menu, there's an option for (I think) High GPS Sensitivity.  You might try that.

Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Inconsistent tracking

Unfortunately, I've looked all around on both the watch, the galaxy app, and the Samsung health app and don't see the option on any of them.  Yesterday, the watch actually counted my first mile in less than two minutes! It's utterly and disappointingly unreliable.