Original topic:

Installing Samsung Pay says watch isn't connected

(Topic created: 09-20-2021 06:03 PM)
userXjxVnrGBft
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I'm trying to install Samsung Pay on my watch after connecting it to a new phone, and it loads the samsung pay watch plugin, I confirm permissions and then it pops up a message saying "Check your watch Bluetooth connection and you phone."

When I click okay it just closes the app. The killer thing is that the popup is blocking an install button that my phone is just too fast to click. I reconnected it to my older slower phone and clicking the Install button bypasses whatever bluetooth message it thinks its trying to help me with.

The watch is definitely connected and no issues except that popup blocking the install button. Watch is Gear S3 frontier, new phone is Note 20 Ultra.

samsungpay.PNG

0 Likes
5 Replies
TheGalaxy
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Watch
Make sure all apps in the watch are updated
0 Likes
userXjxVnrGBft
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
I've updated, uninstalled/reinstalled, cleared cache/data, nothing seems to help. I always get the same message blocking the install button
Jobu187
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I'm having the exact same problem with my Froniter and S21 5G. My guess is that this isn't an isolated issue.

0 Likes
userXjxVnrGBft
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Absolutely, I'm just looking for a work around... If anyone has found one.
0 Likes
SamsungQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch

I can see how this can be a frustrating issue. Have you tried resetting your watch and then try connecting Samsung pay again? Here are the steps.

0 Likes