Original topic:

Installing Various Apps on Galaxy Watch 4?

(Topic created: 11-20-2021 12:55 PM)
Starlord1138
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
I have the Galaxy Watch 4 Classic and have been struggling to figure out why certain apps just don't seem to be available for it, in spite of Samsung's much-touted collaboration with Google on Wear OS 3. For example, I have Gmail on my S20 Ultra, but there doesn't seem to be a corresponding Gmail app for my Watch 4. Additionally, I thought Samsung promised that any apps on our phone would be automatically added to our watches, but this also appears to be untrue.

Does anyone have any insight into this? I've searched for WhatsApp, Bluemail, Gmail, and various other apps on the Google Play Store app on my Watch 4, but none of them came up in the results.
9 Replies
Options
Galaxy Watch
I have watch 4 don't like it and I have the S20 plus T-mobile service. I rather the Active 2.
0 Likes
SergeLeo
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
Active 4 is running on Wear OS 3.0, not all applications supporting it yet. You might want to reach out to developers.
0 Likes
rugby49
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch

You cannot use the standard Google Play App.  You must go through the Wear App from Samsung.  If you open the Wear App the bottom will have Store.  Use that.  Have not had a problem installing Apps from there.  Not all apps will have a Watch app associated with it.

0 Likes
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

@rugby49 there are multiple ways to get apps:

• You can use the Google Play Store.
  • You can use the Galaxy Wearable app and click on Store.
  • You can swipe up on the face of the GW4 and click on the Play Store icon. 
0 Likes
rugby49
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
Only the ones from Wear store from Wear app have been checked by Samsung to work with the Wear OS. Hit and miss from Google Play Store or other sources.
0 Likes
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

@rugby49 "Only the ones from Wear store from Wear app have been checked by Samsung to work with the Wear OS."

Do you have a reference for this information? 

Going to the Plays Store from the GW4 certainly only lists things compatible with the GW4.

Since the ones listed in the Play Store are filtered by your device, you will only be able to download to the GW4 the ones compatible with the GW4. 

0 Likes
Starlord1138
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
When I tap on Store within the Galaxy Wearable app, it's just opening the Google Play Store (it says Google Play at the top), but when I search for all the aforementioned apps, it says they're already installed. However, they don’t show up in my list of Apps when I Swipe up on the face of my GW4, so not sure what is going on.
0 Likes
rugby49
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
I do not use it from watch. Only use it from my phone. I would think the watch would only show what is compatible.
0 Likes
Starlord1138
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
I found out the answer to this after doing some research online: turns out all the apps were there on my GW4 already, but in order to get notifications, see/reply to messages from Bluemail, WhatsApp, etc., I simply had to enable them under the Settings> Notifications section of the Galaxy Wearable app. Once I did that, everything started appearing.
0 Likes