Original topic:

Interval training samsung galaxy watch active 2

(Topic created on: 6/1/20 12:37 PM)
userPVjcdjWyit
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi!

So i have the samsung galaxy watch active 2 and im starting with training for running 10k. However I was hoping to find a feature on the watch to make your own interval training, including different times, speeds etc.

Would it be a possibility to make that possible? Unfortunately runkeeper is not supported by the watch so that is no option either and I would like to be able to synchronize my data with the samsung health app and with strava.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungCole
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 Replies
userthUrFvSLdv
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

This isn't exactly what you're looking for, but we created a simple interval timer or work/rest timer for training.

It's for the Galaxy Watch Active 2, but also works on Active, Gear S3 and above.  It's called just that in the Samsung Store: HIIT Interval Timer.

It will allow you to set number of rounds/sets, workout/work time and rest time.  Please let me know if you have any issues.

I'm trying to figure out how to include a link, but I'd you search HIIT Interval Timer from your watch it should appear.

userNuBtu7ZLn7
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Yes, please add interval training to the app. I wish could set up interval running  and HIIT through the app.

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungCole
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
usermfdsAEKeNp
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Any update on interval training app as opposed to the interval timer. I want to be able to do intervals by distance like most smartwatches. Bought the Galaxy Watch 3 and extremely disappointed that this is a standard feature

0 Likes
userlMyXrDD8JA
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I completely agree.  Interval training (by distance) should be a standard feature for a watch that comes advertised as "active".  I've had the watch for a year and brought up this exact issue a year ago.  I'm considering switching by to Garmin which will meet my needs as a runner.

0 Likes