Original topic:

Is My Galaxy Watch Active2 Real? Some Issues I've Had Lately.

(Topic created on: 1/21/21 7:38 AM)
userpIWWbndoy1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

So I just bought a Samsung Galaxy Active2 LTE via eBay on what I thought was a great deal, but there are a few inconsistencies with the product that I'm worried about.

Everything seems to work okay, and the watch connects with the Galaxy Wear app on my iPhone, except it does not automatically update and gives no option to update the watch software through the app itself - I was able to update it, but I had to connect the watch to WiFi only and manually update software from there. Is this just an issue with the iOS version, or is it something more?

Also, when I look up the model number, on google it looks like the usual model number for the watch is SM-R835USDAXAR. The model number on the watch, however, is SM-R835USDRXAR. Is this a legit model? Does that just mean something like international version or refurbished?

I checked the IMEI number on a few random "IMEI checker" sites and it came up fine, but I dunno how legit those things are either. After calling Samsung support, the serial number supplied with the watch came up as good too.

I am, however, unable to register the device with my Samsung account.

0 Likes
3 Replies
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. If the watch was previously registered, you would be unable to register the watch as it can only be registered to one user. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userpIWWbndoy1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Update:

Everything turned out okay! Updated to the latest version and it seems to be doing better on the wearable app on android. After spending some time on the phone with customer support, I was able to register the watch online and found out that the difference in model number was just a color identifier (as in it was different because the watch was gold rather than black)

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Perfect. I am glad you were able to resolve the symptoms you were experiencing. Please don't hesitate to reach in the future if you need any further assistance.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes