JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Is running path mapping possible on Active2?

(Topic created: 07-07-2021 01:39 PM)
userxYKc5szyTx
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I just got an active 2 to help me track my running. I went into the health app to figure out how to visualize my route but shockingly there was no option.

Surely an inexpensive and fairly recent watch like an active 2 would have this basic feature. Am I missing something? Is it not possible to track the time and distance and route of a run?

0 Likes
3 Replies
Solution
Stephanie Nikki
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Options
Galaxy Watch

If you mean a rudimentary route map displayed on your watch, scroll down below the logged statistics. You need to have GPS ("location") on the watch enabled and check that the GPS icon turned from blinking to steady green before you start running.

Open the "workouts" widget without selecting "running" to let GPS acquire your position before you click on the specific workout to start it.

If the watch does not have internet connection during the run, you can open the map display later, when it has connection, and it will download to show your route overlaid on the street map. (This 'graphic' can be saved to the watch Gallery by a screenshot command, and from there copied to your phone.)

(Note: I don't know a way to get the digital route data to your phone.)

userxYKc5szyTx
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

The route map doesn't have to be on the watch, just on the mobile app so I can save or share it.  It would also have standard metrics like distance, time, etc.  The Samsung Health app surprisingly doesn't offer that feature.  Under Armour appears to so will probably switch to that.

0 Likes