cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Galaxy

Is the Active 2 dead in the water?

Okay, I bit for the Watch 3, but I think it's going back, because it can't seem to keep the HR tracing active during an activity, twice now it's bailed out, and left me "heartless"  Even did it without being in an activity.  So, that leaves me with the Active 2 that I had, and now am really wondering, is there EVER going to be the promised update to enable SpO2, or ECG?  How about the promised fall detection?  All of these things are on the Watch 3, and apparently are working fine.  

Also kinda wondering if there's anyone that's actually connected with Samsung in these forums, and if they are, where are they?

Anyone have any "inside" information, other than the suspected "So long, sucker"?

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Is the Active 2 dead in the water?

We've been asking these questions for months and no official response. I think it is so long sucker to all of us that bought the Active2 based on Samsung's marketing last fall. 

Highlighted

Re: Re: Is the Active 2 dead in the water?

if your Watch Active 2 is on Tizen 4.0.0.7 or higher you can side load the ECG & BP app and it will work fine.

My watch 3 is on 5.5.0.1 and I have everything on it.
Highlighted
Constellation

My version is 4.0.0.8  ... but not sure what I need to "side load" in order to make ecg work?  I've never been an Apple fan but I think I may be switching over to their watch if I don't resolve this soon!

Highlighted

ECG, BP & sp02 are all working on my LTE 45mm. I'm on 5.5.0.1
Highlighted
Constellation

just updated my Active2 but ECG,BP,& sp02 are not working. what else is needed?
Highlighted
Constellation

"side load"????
Highlighted

side load just means installing the .tpk & .apk manually--no need to wait for Samsung. If my 7yr old can side load apps so can you.

I don't know if we can post links here so if you need them just message me
Highlighted
Constellation

I could certainly use them. if you could help, my e- mail is

<Hidden>

thank you

Highlighted
Constellation

Jon-Garrett, can you send me the links you mentioned for side load? Also how do I update my active 2 from 4.0.0.6 to the newest version?