Original topic:

Issues With The New Watch 4

(Topic created: 10-17-2021 11:42 PM)
user8eZaymVcyY
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I recently upgraded my watch from Watch active 2 to Watch 4, and I quickly regretted my decision. The Watch is glitchy and it's fitness readings are faulty. What's worse that the Oxygen sensor and body composition sensor (which are the new selling features for this watch) don't work most of the time.

Recently I've noticed some new bug as well. The green flickering light for the heart monitor suddenly stops flickering. Instead, it gets turned on continuously and very brightly. The watch doesn't give heart rate reading as it goes through this seizure. Taking the watch on and off and cleaning my wrist doesn't help. 

And more bad news to come. I've noticed this morning a red spot on my skin directly where I usually wear the watch. It looks like skin damage of some sort. Keep in mind I've been wearing fitness trackers for more than 4 years and never had this issue. It just happened right after I started using this watch 4. I suspect that this damage is a minor burn due the green LED of the heart monitor when it freezes on without flickering with its maximum brightness.

I think I'm done with this device, and seriously regret getting it. My watch active 2 was working like a charm, but this just a complete waste of money
0 Likes
3 Replies
Ken77
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Join the club. My watch can't get any notifications on my tattoo left wrist, but perfectly fine on my un tattoo right one.. crazy
0 Likes
Gordon_Freeman
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

I had everything working perfect right out the box when I got my Active 4. Then some kind of software update came out on Oct. 1st/2nd. Ever since then, the body composition has NOT worked. I have tried everything as well to get it working again with no luck. Why is it everything else works fine....just not the Body Composition.

0 Likes
SamsungJustin
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello, @user8eZaymVcyY. I'm so sorry to hear about all the trouble you have with the unit, and could definitely understand your frustration, with these different things occurring. Seeing as the watch has left a red mark,  I would actually like to obtain some additional information and have our specialized team look into this. Can you please send me a private message with the following details so that I can get them to reach out to you directly to discuss this? 

Name:

Street address:

2 Phone Numbers:

E-mail: 

Full Model & Serial of the device:

Also if you could send us a photo of the mark you received to our email at samsungcommunity@sea.samsung.com and include the following conversation ID in the subject line, 39578783. 

We look forward to helping you obtain a resolution in this matter. 

TO PM A mod, click on their name and select message or click the following link: 

0 Likes