Original topic:

Issues with Galaxy Watch4 Classic Back Cover

(Topic created: 12-03-2021 03:07 PM)
amfx
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
Anyone else have an issue with the back cover of the watch 4 classic? I noticed what appeared to be a coating flaking off on the internal side of the back cover not long after receiving it.

For me it didn't affect the function of the watch, just frustrating a brand new device already had a defect.

I have seen at least one other device on this forum with the same issue.

I naively assumed this was a manufacturing issue and Samsung would surely fix without issue. I sent it in for warranty repair on 10/12/21 only to be told my device arrived with a damaged back cover and subsequently voided my warranty! It was offered to be repaired one time under warranty and it would not cost me anything. I felt this was a sufficient solution and felt confident it was being taken care of.

I've been calling almost everyday for an update. Supposedly the part is on back order. I still don't have my device. 

Finally got a hold of the repair center today and now supposedly the device has liquid damage and that's why the warranty is void?

Anyone have any advice? I love the watch, but will never buy directly from the Samsung website again with it's short return policy garbage. 

0 Likes
1 Reply
amfx
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
I had so much faith the watch would be repaired.

I asked how I could have possibly caused that damage especially without any external damage and have never been given an explanation. And now I see another device with the exact same defect!
0 Likes