Original topic:

Just A Bad Product - Galaxy Watch 4 LTE

(Topic created: 11-18-2021 02:33 AM)
userVckb6V8SuS
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Where to start...

Firstly, the cellular version of the watch is only compatible with the three most expensive data providers in Australia, and only one of them has support for non android phones. So I, not having a Samsung phone, switched to the other provider, and bought the cellular watch. Mind you, said provider makes you lock into a $70 a month, 12 month contract. Imagine what I felt when it wouldnt connect. I messaged Telstra, and they said it's not their fault. I messaged Samsung, they said the same. What....

Secondly, the ECG and the BP monitor both won't work with a non-Samsung, as you need Samsung's health monitor app, only available to Samsung users. Seems odd to market this feature on an expensive watch, if you can only use it with Samsung. 

It uses WearOS, but still has so many issues with connectivity, with limited apps available for Android users. Also, why use wearOS and not offer google assistant?

It's frustrating when 'the best Android watch' is only 50% usable to android users.

0 Likes
4 Replies
usereWX6aobVtI
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
Sounds like a ton of complaints you should be discussing with your service provider.

How do you expect to the Samsung ecosystem to function without a Samsung phone, that's ridiculously naive. Such a silly review.
Spookyy
Explorer
Options
Galaxy Watch
So you expect a Samsung product to work without a Samsung? That's kinda stupid. That's like buying an apple watch with a Google pixel. As for service provider there's nothing they can do. It's not like they can pay for your service or lower prices. Honestly gotta agree with the other guy such a naive review.
0 Likes
Cpjones5
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
I love my Active 2 and Watch 4 wearables. I havnt had any major problems with either AND i have an S20 & Z Fold3. Seems like you should look into getting a Samsung phone it you wanna get better results from your watch
0 Likes
user6qTNyPRgs5
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I'd have to disagree with the others here.  I only bought the GW4 because they brought in Google's OS.  I've owned Hauwei and Motorola smartwatches and all features work fine without buying one of their phones.  The same goes for Fossil, TicWatch, or any other smartwatch built on Google's Wear OS.  It doesn't make sense to me to cripple or leave out features and I don't think it will help with sales.  Maybe Samsung disagrees since it looks like they may be keeping some of the health features exclusive to Samsung phones for now.  I hope they change their decision.  They did state that they are adding Google Assistant.

0 Likes