cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userGnSH9YWvgA
Constellation

MMS doesn't display.

I'm stuck.. Whenever I send or receive MMS on my watch I get the message "The message contains media content. View the content on your phone." I can't for the life of me figure out how to get it to work. My husband has the same watch (active2) , phone (Galaxy S8+), and carrier (t-mobile) and MMS pictures show up on his watch. The only time the messages don't show up on his watch is when they are sent from my phone. I have done a factory reset on my phone and nothing has worked. Please help! 

10 REPLIES 10
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: MMS doesn't display.

Oh mine does that too. I didn't even notice that sometimes I will get the media content and sometimes I'll get that message. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Do you have all the Galaxy Wearables application and plug-ins up to date?

userGnSH9YWvgA
Constellation

Yes everything is up to date... So far the only work-around is using Pulse SMS and installing the Pulse SMS watch app. But this shouldn't be the solution.

Serg675
Cosmic Ray

What massaging app do you use on your smartghone? I use Samsung messages app (preinstalled on a Galaxy smartphones) and I see MMS with pictures on my watch.

userGnSH9YWvgA
Constellation

I was using the stock Samsung Messages app. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Have you attempted to clear the cache for your messaging application?

userGnSH9YWvgA
Constellation

Yes, cleared cache. In fact I also did a full factory reset on both the watch and phone and still receive the same message. 

Honored Contributor

@userGnSH9YWvgA wrote:

I'm stuck.. Whenever I send or receive MMS on my watch I get the message "The message contains media content. View the content on your phone." I can't for the life of me figure out how to get it to work. My husband has the same watch (active2) , phone (Galaxy S8+), and carrier (t-mobile) and MMS pictures show up on his watch. The only time the messages don't show up on his watch is when they are sent from my phone. I have done a factory reset on my phone and nothing has worked. Please help! 

Are your watches LTE or just wifi/bluetooth version?

userGnSH9YWvgA
Constellation

Both watches are Bluetooth.