Original topic:

Map display?

(Topic created on: 12/15/20 6:33 PM)
uservGGBo3XfDn
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello all.

I have just received an Active 2 for my birthday. As it has built in GPS i was wondering if it will display my walks on a map, so i can see where we have been? I don't know if this is possible and can't seem to find a straightforward, simple answer while searching online. The reason for the maps would be one of pure curiosity as we do a lot of walking it would be interesting to me to see these laid out on a map for me and the family.

Any help would be appreciated.

Tim

0 Likes
4 Replies
Options
Galaxy Watch

Start up the walking activity (manually) in Samsung Health. This is best done from a widget. Before you select Walking, let the GPS icon change from blinking to steady green (when it has locked in on your position). After you have finished the activity (and have network connection) the route will be displayed on the map. (Hint you can use the screen save function on the watch to save the picture in Gallery.)

0 Likes
uservGGBo3XfDn
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Ok, but where is the map located on the active 2? Will it just magically appear when the walk/hike is done? Or is a map app needing to be downloaded?

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch

No other app needed. IIRC you can scroll down to the map right after the finish. (Otherwise, it is available in the Health app log, I think for a week (?) before deleted.)

0 Likes
Fatboy1972
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
The map is displayed in the health app. Exercise > view history > day and time. I would recommend that you start a walking workout on your watch before your walk.
0 Likes