cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Galaxy

Master Reset not resetting

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've been having problems with the watch/phone (Active 2, Galaxy S20 Plus) talking to each other in My Fitness Pal, odd thing is that the data in MFP is going to the watch, but not to the phone.  Even when the phone and watch "sync".  At any rate, I decided to bite the bullet and do a "Master Reset" with the Hardware Keys, (holding down power until rebooting appears, etc).  Followed this 3 times, and still comes up with my data, settings, watch faces, etc.  Shouldn't this combination reset the watch completely so that when it finally boots it's coming up to the "lets get started" screen?  Any help would be appreciated, as I really do like the S20+ more than the iPhone 11 Pro, but this one thing has me puzzled.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Master Reset not resetting

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@oeagleo did this end up helping you?

---

Be sure to click" ✓ Accept as Solution" if you found this reply solved your issue or pointed you in the right direction. You can also click the heart to let me know your appreciation! 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
S9 plus
Highlighted
Galaxy

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Abdulloh wrote:
S9 plus

And this would address my problem how?

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It's not "Reboot" you wan't, but a Reset. Either do it from watch Settings menu or from the phone Gallaxy Wearables app

Highlighted
Comet

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What you doing when you hold power is called a forced restart, what your looking for is a factory reset. These steps should help you factory reset your watch

1. From the watch screen, press the Home button to open the apps screen.
  2. Double tap the Settings icon.
  3. Tap General.
  4. Tap Reset.
  5. Tap the Checkmark icon. to confirm.
Highlighted
Galaxy

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Okay, a little background is probably in order here.  I purchased the watch used, and later found that the IEMI was blocked.  The seller is long gone. My Bad.  However, because I don't intend to use the LTE part of the watch, I decided to pair it up, and use it.  So, I did a complete reset of the watch as described above.  I also restored it from an earlier backup as I was going to sell the watch, but found that it was locked, so pulled it off the market.  So, I have this Factory Reset (as above) watch, and I restored from the backup.  I had the same problems earlier, and that's why I sold the S20+ and tried to sell the watch.  I've since bought another S20+ and would really like to address this problem, so I was trying to insure a COMPLETE clearing of everything in the watch, (I know the IEMI won't reset, once again, not a problem), to see exactly why the data from MFP will make it to the watch, but not the phone.  Hope this helps, perhaps my next step is to once again do the factory reset as above, and simply start as new, and not restore from the backup.  

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION
https://www.samsung.com/global/galaxy/what-is/hard-reset/ you might find these reset guide helpful. As well, you may need to reset the watch as well. finally make sure syncing is on for the device and your phone settings and Bluetooth is connecting.
Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@oeagleo did this end up helping you?

---

Be sure to click" ✓ Accept as Solution" if you found this reply solved your issue or pointed you in the right direction. You can also click the heart to let me know your appreciation! 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Galaxy

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Not really what I wanted, but the reset you described did delete the contents of the watch.  The problem is now pretty much solved with my decision to go with the Watch 3.