Original topic:

Media Controls don't work after UI 5 upgrade

(Topic created: 10-16-2023 07:45 AM)
Loken42
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Since the UI 5 upgrade the media controls disappear from my Samsung Watch 5. I've reset the watch several times and when it reconnects to my S22 the controls work for about 24hrs and then disappear again. I've reset my watch 3 times now (along with reboots of the S22 at the same time) and the issue continues. Has anyone encountered this persistent bug?

11 Replies
edgarito
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have the same issue with galaxy watch 4 after update. After rebooting it works 1 day and you need to reboot again every day. Samsung its not good, fix your stuff.

And silence after 2 weeks... 

0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand your concern with your media controls not working as expected on your Galaxy watch 5, and I would be happy to look into this further for you. In order to provide you with the best assistance, do your media controls disappear completely or just stop working?

0 Likes
ianmelchior
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

For me, I still have a "Media Controller" element on my watch face, but when I tap it, it says "Couldn't perform action. Music not playing." However,  if I go over to the tile, then after a few seconds it loads the music/podcast/audiobook/whatever. I can control it from there, but still not from the watch face, nor will tapping that Media Controller element take me to the tile/app.

0 Likes
Sarang Verma
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi, I have a galaxy watch 4 and after the recent software update a few months ago I am having the same issue.

I restart/reset the watch and the controls re appear whenever I play any media on my phone. 

Then after a day or two they disappear again.

I can still access the controls through the app drawer but they don't appear as soon as I play the media which used to happen every time during the previous versions of the watch software.

0 Likes
Pboi
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
I'm having the same problem with the GW5 Pro ever since the most recent couple of updates. The little music note icon on the face of my watch doesn't appear while I'm playing media. I have to restart my phone (not my watch, restarting the watch doesn't fix it for me) and then it'll work for about 24 hours before it goes away again.

Also, the sleep tracker has been incredibly inaccurate. It used to be spot on, down to the minutes that I fell asleep. Now it's consistently in the habit of telling me that I didn't fall asleep until multiple hours after I know I fell asleep. For example, yesterday it told me that I fell asleep at 8:30am....?
0 Likes
Eugene K
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have the same problem on Galaxy Watch 5. Before the update when I started media on the phone the icon appeared on the bottom of watch home screen, and when i pressed it the media controls screen appeared. Now the icon does not appear.

The 'show media controls' setting is 'ON' in watch screen settings.

0 Likes
Dinesh279
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have Samsung watch 5 after the update media control stopped working. This is seriously unacceptable. Samsung fix this.. we r paying premium price for your watches & u r giving u these buggy experience 

0 Likes
Maxwell44
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Device Controls not working what to do
0 Likes
Ashmarib
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Same issue with the controls not working, the tile loads but when you try to press play nothing happens. The go back and skip ahead functions no longer load the 10 and 30 seconds buttons to select.