Original topic:

Messages and Whatsapp

(Topic created: 05-15-2021 09:35 AM)
user5pQdyWjqQN
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I’ve just got a Galaxy Active 2, and have an IPhone SE 2020. I can’t get text messages or WhatsApp messages on it. We’ve tried clearing any blockers etc and still not working. Facebook messenger works fine. Can it not be used with an iPhone? Thanks. 

0 Likes
5 Replies
musepharaoh
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
Galaxy watch series is most compatible and really meant for Samsung phones so some functionality such as the ability to answer messages on iPhone will be limited. You should still be able to see them as notifications on the watch but if you have an iPhone, you should just buy an apple watch just the same as if you have a Galaxy you should buy a galaxy watch. I would return or sell the galaxy watch and look for a refurbished or pre-owned apple watch on Amazon or eBay since I know they can be pricey but it will work best with your phone and I'm pretty sure you'll be satisfied.
musepharaoh
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
I love my Galaxy watch active 2 but I would never recommend one to an iPhone user for the same reason an iPhone user wouldn't recommend an apple watch simply because each works best in its own Ecosystem. Apple products work best with other Apple products and Samsung products work best with other Samsung products.
musepharaoh
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
Yea for sure. I think you can view messages but I don't know about responding especially on ios 14.5 and newer
0 Likes
Al_P
Nebula
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have an android but I believe I have read that Apple prohibits responding on non Apple watches.

BillE
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
I totally agree
0 Likes