Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
rtasrayne
Asteroid

Messages on watch

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just got the new watch (had the gear S3). When I receive notifications my watch vibrates with every app I have associated it with EXCEPT messages (which is the most important to me). Also had this issue on the S3 but managed to fix it about 2 hours ago. Still haven't been able to fix it on the new one. There must be a setting in missing. Anyone?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rtasrayne
Asteroid

Re: Messages on watch

JUMP TO SOLUTION

And I just fixed it!  Apparently if you have the sound turned off in the app itself you get nothing to your watch. My phone is also in silent (since the watch alerts me). I turned on the in-app sound and amazingly now my watch vibrates with messages.  Go me! LoL

Thank you!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If the watch does not play sound or vibrate when the Bluetooth disconnects, notifications are received, or an exercise is detected, verify the following:

Note: The available settings and menus options may vary by watch and software version.

Verify Do Not Disturb is turned off. If the feature is on, the watch will not vibrate and the screen will turn off when notifications are received, except for alarms.
From the watch screen, swipe down from the top edge of the screen, and then touch the Do not disturb icon.
Additionally, if the watch is running Tizen 4, access the Settings, and then touch Advanced to verify that Theater mode and GoodNight mode is turned off.
Verify the watch is set to alert you when the Bluetooth disconnects. 
From the Settings, navigate to and touch Connections > Alerts.
Verify Sound and/or Vibration is turned on for calls and notifications. (Depending on the watch, sound options may be available.)
From the Settings, navigate to and touch Sound and vibration or Vibration. 
Verify Health Nudges and the related exercise items, like steps, are turned on. This allows the watch to alert you when an exercise target is reached and for reminders to stay active.
From the Settings, touch Health nudges to turn on alerts for the desired exercise item(s). (Depending on the watch, Health nudges may appear in the Samsung Health app settings.)
For the Galaxy Watch, access Samsung Health > Settings > Workout detection > Activities to detect to manage exercise alerts.

rtasrayne
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Checked everything you've noted above and still not vibrating for messages. Any other suggestions Larry? I contacted Samsung earlier and I was told it's a faulty watch. Which I might believe if I didn't have the same problem with my S3. I managed to fix that though.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just to double check, is the device up to date?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just to double check, is the device up to date?

rtasrayne
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Very much so...both phone and watch.

rtasrayne
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

And I just fixed it!  Apparently if you have the sound turned off in the app itself you get nothing to your watch. My phone is also in silent (since the watch alerts me). I turned on the in-app sound and amazingly now my watch vibrates with messages.  Go me! LoL

Thank you!

View solution in original post

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@rtasrayne Awesome! Glad to hear you were able to get it working!