cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

More NumberSync issues - Latest update broke it

Did an update to the latest software on my Galaxy Active2 this weekend. After that numbersync was completely broken. I've reset everything to defaults and keep getting the "Mobile Network Unavailable" error, even though I'm able to make/recieve calls and texts to the watch's dedicated number. Prior to this update I had numbersync "working" even though it was a crappy experience. It only worked if I disconnected my phone and watch bluetooth connection. If they were connected via bluetooth, nothing worked.

This watch is the worst piece of technology I've ever owned, and you can bet I'll be recommending people not get this device. The fitbits were better even though they had less features.

57 REPLIES 57
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: More NumberSync issues - Latest update broke it

Same issue here...

Just did the update this morning and after watch restarted I got a text from AT&T that numbersync was turned off.

Went into watch settings but numbersync shows it's on. I tried turning it off to see if that would help to turn off/on but doesn't even turn off as I get the same error message "Mobile network unavailable".

Watch works perfectly fine making calls or texts using it's own dedicated phone line so that error message doesn't make sense.

AT&T

Active 2 watch LTE

Note 8

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Current Devices on AT&T: Galaxy Active2 LTE (SM-R835U) & Note 8 (SM-N950U)
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Update:

After all day troubleshooting with AT&T over the phone and also inside my local store today it seems it's not simply a NumberSync issue but rather the watch itself does not have a mobile data connection at all. The phone line function is fine and the watch can receive calls but there is no internet connection at all; hence why I keep getting the error "Mobile network unavailable".

Eventually I had to call Samsung to initiate a warranty service request since my watch was purchased less than a year ago.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Highlighted
Asteroid

I have the same problem since the update.  It was working fine until the update but since the lated update I cannot connect numbersync.  I have the galaxy active watch2, Galaxy note 10 plus, and ATT.

Update 8/8.  Isent my watch in to samsung and the replaced a part and sent it back.  I had it re-activated with att and I still have the same problem....no mobile network.

Highlighted
Constellation

Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one! I thought I was having issues because I had activated a new phone on Tuesday, but i see now that's not the case. This is so frustrating. 

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Similar here.  I have used Samsung, AT&T and Watch for several years with numbersync working just fine. Now, after this July secuity update to the Android 10, it won't stay on at the watch.  I rebooted everything twice. Tried to set up a new link from scratch and that came back to the same problem.

I called AT&T and the connection was so bad I had to hang up.  I recommended they contact a phone company to get things fixed.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Same problem; I talked to AT&T, they sent me a new eSIM. No change in the problem. 

The standalone phone nymber call and text works fine, just not numbersync - I believe this points to Samsung as the problem, with their update push. 

Please fix this or allow us to roll back update!

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: Re: More NumberSync issues - Latest update broke it

It's not a NumberSync issue but rather the watch itself does not have a mobile data connection at all after the most recent watch update. The phone line function is fine and the watch can receive calls and texts but there is no internet connection; hence why I keep getting the error "Mobile network unavailable".

After resetting the watch several times, resetting mobile networks and 2 new esims at the AT&T store... nothing resolved the problem. The watch has no internet connection - try loading Galaxy Store or even updating the Weather - it doesn't work because there's no data (make sure you're disconnected from the Bluetooth connection to test this). I had to call Samsung to initiate a warranty service request since my watch was purchased less than a year ago.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Re: More NumberSync issues - Latest update broke it

Thank you for sharing your experience. What will the warranty service request do though? If the Samsung update killed mobile data, won't a new/"repaired" watch also not work?

i ask because i am in the same boat, less than 1yr old

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Well I'm hoping they will get it resolved and push an update out sooner rather than later. At least this way they can actually confirm the issue and they have to send me back a fully functional watch so either they downgrade the software on mine and pull the update so it doesn't try to update again or they fix it ASAP and send it back to me fully updated.