Original topic:

My New Biggest Problem...

(Topic created: 4 weeks ago)
Mercusio
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
My new biggest problem, frankly, is Samsung building up false expectations. They are doing it more and more, and unnecessarily. When I bought my new Watch 4, I was already fine turning the bezel a quarter turn, touching workout, and selecting walk or run. I mean... that's like 3 small steps, right? But then, their marketing material said that was all "auto sensing" now, so I got really excited to gain an effortless part of my day. I have now gone on 5 walks a week for at least 3 weeks and it's NEVER worked. But once, while shopping with my wife, it prompted me, "are you walking"? They don't tell you how to turn it on or off that I can find, and now...? the simple 3 step task I used to be ok with makes me HATE my watch. Samsung absolutely shoots themselves in the foot.
0 Likes
2 Replies
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

@Mercusio Sorry that you feel that way. This "auto sensing" isn't something new, it has been on previous Samsung watches. I have always found it hit or miss. If I positively want an activity tracked, I start the tracking manually. 

0 Likes
Mercusio
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thanks, @LongHiker. That may be, but in this offering, as a enticement to upgrade my watch and my ZFlip at the same time, the Shop app and supporting material mentioned this feature, along with other enticements like 3 months free Spotify, 6 months free SiriusXM, and 4 months free YouTube Premium. All of those were a wash as well -- they were basically the same "for new users" offers you can just get on your own, but Samsung actually added them as line-items on the invoice! And then they tracked shipment of them like I was getting something special. Your post actually helps make my point even more! If it's an existing feature, that doesn't work all that well, why in the WORLD would they promote it as a reason to upgrade when I was going to do it anyway? Some marketing VP at Samsung should be fired and they need to look for sharper minds. This was a chump move that needlessly sullied their reputation with many like-minded and loyal customers.

0 Likes