Original topic:

My Watch is Not Counting My Floor Climbs

(Topic created on: 1/4/21 6:55 AM)
userrA7agVTxQ2
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I found some very outdated solutions on how to fix this problem. I have reset my watch, I have Uninstaller and reinstalled things, I've allowed every permission possible for Samsung health and the alti/barometer app, I've really tried everything I could think of. There are solutions here already, but they are from 2018. It seems the software is very different from then as I cannot even perform the recommended steps in them lol

It worked before, then I got a replacement phone (the same exact phone and model and everything) but here we are. One day it counted 56 floors when I didn't go up any stairs, and now it is counting nothing again. 

5 Replies
Al_P
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have followed a number of different threads on this topic. My Galaxy watch 2 hardly ever counted a floor. That was one of the reasons I repaced it with a Vivoactive 4. (The other reason being battery life). It seems like the issue is not enough elevation gain in my house when I climbed the stairs. I carefully considered the pros and cons of replacing either the watch or the house and decided on the watch :)

0 Likes
Samsung_PW5e7vy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I just received the watch as a gift and so far it has not counted even a single floor. I tend to go up and down the stairs alot during the day so it's extremely frustrating that the watch is not picking this up. The watch was a replacement for my fitbit which I never truly had issues with tracking my workouts including counting the number of floors and calories. The battery life is also short, you have to charge the watch just match as you charge the phone.

Samsung you need to fix this issue! No excuses! If other device makers have figured this out without having people jump through hoops to get YOUR product to work correctly, then you should too! 

0 Likes
Al_P
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
yes the battery life is short and it takes way too long to recharge
0 Likes
Patch207
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Samsung watches count a floor as climbing an elevation of 10 ft. Not every home has 10 ft difference between floors, some being 8 ft.

In my house there is an 11 ft difference and my watch doesn't normally count the floors when climbed, which as a work around I will raise my arm above my head when I reach the top of the stairs, which occassionally doesn't even work.

Unfortunately it seems Samsung has gained enough brand recognition that they no longer care about releasing quality, people will buy anything just because Samsung is stamped on it. Someone will buy a rock because Samsung is stamped on it, not necessarily because it does something well. 10 years ago I was told by a random store associate that buying a Samsung TV would be better than buying a Sony because of Sony will sell anything just because of their name being on it, not because of the quality of the product and that Samsung would release a better product to gain recognition. Well. Samsung has gained that recognition and no longer needs quality products. Unfortunately this is the current business world.
0 Likes
PopHayes
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
I have a GW, and I have the same problem. Seems that there should be a setting to adjust the height between floors. I am tired of having to raise my arm up at the top of the stairs.
0 Likes