Original topic:

My comparison to the Galaxy Watch Active4 vs the Galaxy Watch Active (Tizen)

(Topic created: 02-18-2022 09:42 AM)
Ariscott56
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy Watch
Alright everyone, here's what I think about the Galaxy Watch Active4 40mm vs the Galaxy Watch Active 40mm

So far I had an excellent experience with the Watch4 and the amount of services and apps it contained. I also love the Watch faces that came exclusive to the Watch4, but the lack of 3rd parties entirely. I'd say the Play Store is mediocre when comes to looking for Watch apps and faces since everything is difficult to maneuver towards and there should be a separate app for WearOS services only. For the Galaxy Store on Tizen, there were more than thousands of Watch faces to choose from that WearOS couldn't make 1/4 the amount and maneuvering to the Watch faces was user-friendly.

Now for battery life, (I'm not trying to be rude to Samsung) I'm just gonna say it's terrible. I know WearOS is improving as the time goes by, but this has to be Google's fault for the lack of play than it is with Samsung. In 1 hour 29 minutes, my battery ticked down to 77%, which is not impressive in the slightest. For my Galaxy Watch Active, I'd be down to 81% In just about 8-9 hours considering I bought the Watch about 2 years ago.

For system usability, I'd say the Galaxy Watch4 is faster in every way possible when it came to scrolling through apps and using them. However, the touch bezel sometimes wouldn't register my turn, so I had to push my finger slightly harder to get it working. For usability on the Galaxy Watch Active, the system is fairly stable and sometimes sluggish but not enough to flip my lids. The touch bezel was so excellent that I almost considered it too sensitive (until the screen would rarely go out of control.)

For sensors, the Watch4 had excellent step detection, heart rate, floor detection. The Watch Active wasn't really accurate due to the lack sensors, but it was enough to get some of my steps.

So the way I can truly end this off is by doing a quick recap of both of these experiences.

Speed: Watch4>Watch Active
Battery life: Watch Active>Watch4 (improving over time)
Store experience and Installation: Watch Active>Watch4
Versatility of apps: Watch4>Watch Active
Sensor accuracy: Watch4 (still improving)>Watch Active

Correct me if I'm wrong about something, but this is coming from my personal experience. Enjoy your day and don't forget to shovel snow if you have any
3 Replies
tom2055
Sun
Options
Galaxy Watch
I love everything about my watch 4 except for the battery life tbh. Coming from the original 42mm Galaxy Watch, the battery is in no way an upgrade
Ariscott56
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy Watch
I've never been so much excited of having a watch. I do like my old Active, but the Watch4 is a more useful and a lot more fun to operate
0 Likes
userjF0D91YDFJ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
My two biggest issues with the 4 (my previous was active 2) are the way the alarm snooze and dismiss are right next to each other and swipe the same way. I use mine on vibrate to wake in the am but always hit snooze at least once, now I am concerned I will accidentally dismiss instead of snooze. Second thing I think was better with active was the ability to set a different do not disturb schedule on my watch than was on my phone. I want my watch to vibrate in the am without manually turning it on it off but not have my phone ring while the little ones are still sleeping. Speed and look of screen on the 4 are far better than active.
0 Likes