cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Highlighted
Constellation

My galaxy watch is BURNING MY WRIST !!!!

i been noticing burns on my wrist since i started to wear my galaxy watch, in fact i though it was just a temporary irritation and i stopped wearing my watch until my skin healed when i resume wearing my watch again the burns on ny wrist came back πŸ˜– i really love my watch but i think i should stop wearing that watch for good i don't know whats causing it I'm afraid the watch has a laser or something that is causing the burns on my skinThat burn was actually healing when i took the picture it was even worse than that days before the picThat burn was actually healing when i took the picture it was even worse than that days before the pic

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Sun

Re: My galaxy watch is BURNING MY WRIST !!!!

Does the watch warn you of overheating? If wearing in hot conditions you will need to take caution. Like any electronic device, it can overheat in very hot conditions. If wearing while sleeping, try not to sleep on your watch as your body heat could possibly warm it up. If you feel it start to over heat, take it off and give it time to cool down. Also, be sure the watch face you are using isn't making the battery overheat for some watch faces run strong in the background and can cause this. I hope this helps.
If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "βœ“ Accept as Solution" button.
Highlighted
Constellation

actually never felt that the watch had a high temperature i belive that this problem has something to do with the sensors rather that the battery getting hot, even when the watch is charging if you touch it it barely gets warm might be the sensor have some sort of radiation that is causing my skin to react like that

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@useranu730qPsn I'm sorry to hear about the symptoms you are experiencing. I would be happy to assist you further. Can I please have your full model number and serial number/IMEI in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Be sure to click " βœ“ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Hello, I'd be more than happy to look into you're concerns. May I have the model and serial number for the watch via private message?

Highlighted
Constellation

Woke up to same thing today! Galaxy Watch, seems to be leaving a red spot, now blistered and sore, right where light on back of watch touches skin. Need help!

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@Trilobyte I'm sorry to hear about the symptoms you are experiencing. I would be happy to assist you further. Can I please have your full model number and serial number/IMEI in a private message: http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2

Be sure to click " βœ“ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

Responded to online form.

Highlighted
Constellation

Someone from Samsung called and said they were going to immediately send an e-mail, never received one. Please make sure they follow up again.

Highlighted
Constellation

Mine is doing the same thing. I've already gotten one replacement since my last watch was doing the same thing. It's definitely the heart rate sensor that's burning the skin. The watch isn't hot to the touch at all. I can start to feel a stinging/burning sensation right where the sensor is.  They only last like 6-8 months before this starts happening. These watches are expensive! What is the solution Samsung is offering regarding this issue?