Original topic:

My galaxy watch is counting my floors incorrectly

(Topic created on: 12/30/20 5:14 PM)
FozzieBear1776
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

My galaxy watch is counting my floors incorrectly, generally I do about 30 floors a day the last few days it has been doubling that so it'll show 60+ floors. Any suggestions?

0 Likes
4 Replies
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch
0 Likes
usersCN16FIdqp
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have seen several blogs on this topic. The main culprit lies in the definition of the height of floors. In my case when I go up stairs in my house, I have to raise my hand (with the watch) at the top of each flight of stairs to make it count. The reason is that if you walk a few steps without going up AND the height difference so far covered is less than how Samsung defines a typical floor height, it will not be counted. Weird, but it works....

0 Likes
Al_P
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch

Which watch do you have? The hand raising trick did not work for my Active 2 :(

@usersCN16FIdqp wrote:

I have seen several blogs on this topic. The main culprit lies in the definition of the height of floors. In my case when I go up stairs in my house, I have to raise my hand (with the watch) at the top of each flight of stairs to make it count. The reason is that if you walk a few steps without going up AND the height difference so far covered is less than how Samsung defines a typical floor height, it will not be counted. Weird, but it works....

0 Likes
usersCN16FIdqp
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same one: Active 2 (LTE, but that shoud not matter)...is your barometer/altimeter working correctly (meaning: when you go up it does show change in altitude?)? Maybe the height covered of your floor + raising your hand (the one with the watch of course) is not enough? Samsung I think requires 12ft or so of altitude gain (again: always going up...after a few (not sure how many) steps not going up the memory of going up is completely erased)....

0 Likes