JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Need advice: Three Issues with new Galaxy Watch 3. (Could just be me.)

(Topic created: 11-22-2020 10:26 PM)
TomTNH
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi,   I just purchased the Galaxy Watch 3 45mm (Bluetooth ... non-LTE).  I have it paired with my Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G.   It took a while to get the watch to finish pairing, but with the help of Samsung  Support (and a full phone-reset of the S20), it all seems to be working fine.  However, there are three  issues that I haven't figured out yet.   (It could just be that I don't yet understand how these things work.)  Please excuse me for posting all three issues in one post. I thought it might be better than posting three separate messages. 

1)  No matter what I set the screen timeout to .. it shuts off in about 5 seconds.  (I've tried setting it to  10 seconds, 15 seconds, 30 seconds, 1 minute and 5 minutes ... but it always goes dark after about 5 seconds.)  

2) My understanding is that I should be able to make and receive calls on my watch as long as it's currently connected via bluetooth to the phone.  (As I said, I don't have the LTE version of the watch because I pretty much have my phone with me at all times.)   However,  when I use the phone app on the watch to make a call, all it ever says is "Check your Phone", at which point I must pick up the phone to complete the dial.  Similarly, when a call comes in on my phone, my watch informs me, but again, when I try to accept the call on the watch it simply says "Check your Phone".  For both incoming and outgoing calls, the audio of the call never goes through the watch ... I have to pick up the phone to talk and listen (which sort of defeats the whole purpose of using your watch for calls).    I've gone into the Bluetooth settings on the  phone, selected the Galaxy 3 Watch connection,  and enabled "Calls",  and the phone's Bluetooth connection list indicates that the watch is "Connected for Calls", but that doesn't seem to make any difference.  Is there some other setting on either the phone or the watch that I must configure in order to talk and listen to calls on my watch without having to pick up the phone?

3) I've been using the Sleep app for a few nights now and whenever I select the app on the watch, it says that I have  n  Sleep Records (example: 3 Sleep Records).  However, when I tap on the watch, it spins for a while and then always says "Couldn't get sleep records from your phone".  When I open the health app on my phone, it appears to have sleep data from my watch, and all other health apps (such as heartrate, etc..) appear to be syncing perfectly.   Here again, I wonder if I have not set things up correctly or perhaps I don't understand what the "Couldn't get sleep records from you phone" is trying to tell me. 

Any advice on any of these three issues would be appreciated. 

Thanks.

- Tom

6 Replies
Adaboy
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Watch
on answering calls with the watch it took me couple times. When a call comes through slide the green phone icon over and it should answer on the watch. After that you will see a phone icon in middle of watch to touch to switch to phone. If you switch to phone you can switch back again to watch.

As far as screen time out. If you wake the watch and it stays on watch face screen it will sleep quickly. If you wake the watch and turn dial to say calendar it will stay on for 30 seconds.

If this helps hit the like and solution:white_heavy_check_mark:
TomTNH
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thanks so much for the reply.   Regarding the timeout, your explanation makes sense.  I now understand how it's supposed to work.  As for making and taking calls,  after posting the message I remembered something that I had forgotten.   I have a Panasonic "Link 2 Cell" cordless phone system in my house that uses bluetooth to connect to my cell phone in order to make and take calls via cellular (in addition to a land line).  It too was "Connected for Calls" to my phone.   As a test, I disabled it, rebooted the watch and the phone, and after that the call functionality on the phone works fine.  So I'm guessing that perhaps you can't have two Bluetooth devices that are Connected for Calls" simultaneously.  

So, that takes care of two of my three "issues'.  Perhaps someone will have an idea of what's going on with the Sleep records.    Thanks again for your help.

Solution
TomTNH
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

UPDATE:   JUST FYI:  Well,  thanks to Adaboy, I now understand how the timeout works, and as I mentioned above in my previous post, I figured out why I couldn't make or take calls via the watch without picking up the phone.   I now have resolved the final issue (Sleep Record).  Unfortunately, it wasn't the quickest of fixes.   I wound up performing a full reset of both the watch and the phone (yes, another full reset and reinstall of the phone).  Not sure which of the two helped the most, but the Sleep Tracking on the watch is now working perfectly, and I can see all of the data on the phone in the Health app.   I wish I could say I knew exactly what the problem was, but at least one solution worked.  

0 Likes
NJeff
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thanks for sharing your Link 2 Cell solution.

The solution you posted worked perfectly.

Next time I'll go to the community first rather than the Samsung chat support!

0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

@Adaboy Thanks for that explanation! I don't see how a UI designer would think that makes sense but at least it explains what I am seeing. 

userEMKBs0uQiJ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Heyy I found a new solution, juz make sure you are not "force stoped or  manually disabled" any Samsung apps which sends data to your wireless devices, kindly check "Samsung accessories services"

enabled and runs in the background,

Hope it will solve your issues 200%.

Give it a try you'll get rid of annoying connectivity issues.

0 Likes