cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Need to know when the ecg app will be available for active 2!

I'm on SSD so don't have money to blow. I have been diagnosed with afib and my heart Dr suggested aw smartwatch with ecg/ekg app on it. I have an s6 and hate Apple so last September I purchased the new active 2 LTE watch because of the promise that the ecg would be available after the new year.... Its still not! I'm really starting to wind if saying this was a scam by Samsung to sell more watches because side from no app there's not even any updates on the subject! And if it's due to the fda taking their time then Samsung shouldn't had claimed it would be available right after the new year. Now my Galaxy s6 is having problems so it's time to look into buying a new cell and i had planned on upgrading to a newer Galaxy but if there's no info on the ecg update as much as I HATE Apple I'm going to have to go with the iphone&watch from them. For anyone have a realistic update on this ecg app? Please?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Halo

Re: Need to know when the ecg app will be available for active 2!

I believe I saw something that the EKG was "delayed" indefinately, but most likely until September.  I have both an iPhone, and an Apple Watch, and have an S20/Active 2 because I'm really curious about the "other side'.  I have to say, that soon the S20/Active 2 will most likely go up for sale, and I'm going back to the Apple setup.  Why? You ask?  First off, the Apple's heart rate monitor is the absolute most accurate in the business, and that's not me, that's several different testing entities, including DC Rainmaker, who is very well known among the sports watch enthusiasts.  Second, the EKG works fine, it works now, and it has the capability to send the PDF of your heart graph to your doctor.  Also, the Series 6 is rumored to have SpO2 capabilities, among other things.  The cameras are very close to the iPhone 11's, so you wouldn't be missing much there.  The S20 is a nice phone, and I like it, but due to the inaccuracy of the HR monitor on the Active, and due to Samsung Health refusing to "talk" to anyone other than Strava, I'm moving back to an environment that I can move the data around to different platforms.  Ultimately, the choice is up to you, but these are the main reasons I'll be going back to my Apple Watch series 4, and iPhone 11 Pro.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I've had nothing but a great experience with my S10+ and Active 2 44mm. Both perform great and havent had an issue yet. And personally, my heart rate is always very accurate. I would suggest to maybe come back to Samsung next year, due to a possible under display camera and possibly a graphene battery. Plus, Samsung has improved update times, software stability, and security while Android is rapidly growing a great eco system of its own which i take advantage of. Plus a new fold should be coming out in September with the new Note 20 * if coronavirus doesn't delay things *. 

Regardless, no hate and I respect that changing from a good eco system can always be difficult, just give samsung a good and fair trial.

Highlighted
Constellation

Oh I've had the active 2 LTE since last September and I love it but due to a recent heart condition diagnosis my heart Dr suggested the ecg which is why I bought this watch as I have an s6 and planned on getting the new s10 or 20. But that was before knowing the ecg for the watch wasn't coming out anytime soon so it seems. My s6 doesn't hold a battery anymore and other problems so if I'm gonna have to go with an apple watch then 8 might as well go with the phone as well.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I totally get your frustration with this especially since you have a heart condition. From my fairly lengthy amount of research on the eta for the ECG, I haven't found anything about a date but apparently samsungs health department asked the bigger heads of samsung for more time to get the ECG completely accurate and bug free since the feature is very important for some people. I've absolutely loved samsungs phones and devices over the last few years and personally do not think its worth it to switch to Apple (especially right now with Samsung trying to push out graphene batteries and an underscreen camera by this year *coronavirus depending*). If you need the ECG feature asap sell the active 2 and get yourself a " Kardia Mobile 6L " which has one. Although I love my Active 2 44mm and haven't had anything but a good experience with it and my S10+ that I pre ordered. Sorry for my rambling, I just believe and trust in Samsung a lot compared to Apple which may have great and popular phones but lack a lot of innovation and the freedom that we have here. 

Either way, goodluck with your condition and decision. Btw, if you want a Samsung phone and need to save money, look into the Galaxy A phones or put an S10 or S10e *which are at a great price* on a monthly plan.

Highlighted
Constellation

Get a Kardia ( by Alivecore.  It is on sale now for 89$. I understand not having the money to spend I am on SSD as well. It is covered under FSA. Keep an eye on their website and facebook page for sales and coupon codes as well.