cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Astronaut

New Active watch 2 not counting floors

I bought my new galaxy active watch 2 10 days ago.  At first it was cou ting my floors.  Then 4 days later nothing.  Today i have been up and down my stairs at home which is about 18 19 stairs and only 4 floors have registered.  I have been up about 12 times today already.  This is frustrating and im thinking about taking this thing back and just sticking with my old fit bit. This is really frustrating.  I have ti take it back to Verizon by Tuesday if I want my money back.  Jwhat is the problem. Ive looked through the threads and it seems this has been an issue for a while with many versions of Samsungs  smart watches.

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: New Active watch 2 not counting floors

Having that many stairs it's surprising that's it's that inaccurate. I only have 10 or 11 so I expect it to be off without raising my arm.

Make sure to calibrate the alti-barometer app. That may help you.

I tried posting this in the app multiple times but it wouldn't work. The samsung members app is worse than the watch floor counter.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Where is the alti-barometer app

Highlighted
Astronaut

I Tried,  still nothing.... it's kind of silly that Samsung would put out a product and have features that dont work!

Highlighted
Asteroid

Having the same problem, I have been up and down the floors in the house and it has only count 1 floor.

Highlighted
Constellation

I also have this problem, and have had it since day one. Usually it won't count any floors, but occasionally it will count 1. I'm up/down stairs at least 10 times every day, and occasionally walk up/down a hill that is well over 20 feet vertical. Watch shows 0.

Highlighted
Astronaut

My Active 2 is not counting floors either. First off, I think you should be able to set it to however many stairs you have. A typical home does not have flights of stairs that are 17 stairs. This was one of the features I planned on using, since I go up and down my stairs many times a day. But, I would settle for this 17 stairs thing, as long as it counted each stair I went up and kept adding them up. I don't know if it's not working because my stair cases are only 12 and 13 stairs, so I'm never doing 17 stairs at a time. I saw another thread on this with no solution. Some people live in split level homes with only 4 or 6 steps here and there, but they are still climbing steps. I hope to see a resolution.

Highlighted
Constellation

I am having the same problem.  Have had the Watch Active 2 for a couple weeks now.  Just noticed today I should probably have at least 10 floors and it is only showing 3.  

I think I will try wearing it with my Fitbit at the same time to do a test. 

Highlighted
Constellation

I bought my Active2 Dec 26, 2019...for first month it kept disconnecting from my lte option..got that fixed.  But now the stair count is not accurate.  We have a 12/13 stairwell...rarely records it, other times shows 8..bizarre...most counted days were from altitude change while dyiving!!  I counted one day and stopped at 20 up and down..recorded 1!