Original topic:

New Galaxy 4 Classic

(Topic created: 08-27-2021 04:47 AM)
flyerchas
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
When I turn the watch on and off, a lock screen appears. How do I get rid of this?
8 Replies
Options
Galaxy Watch
Did you set up the watch thru your phone via Galaxy Wearable
0 Likes
flyerchas
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Yes
0 Likes
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

@flyerchas On the watch did you try Settings -> Security -> Lock -> Type? You should be able to disable it there. 

Be aware that if you have setup Samsung Pay though, turning off the Lock will reset Samsung Pay.    

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch

If it behaves like Galaxy Watch, there is a choice also with Samsung Pay installed to only have to unlock before using Samsung Pay and not until then.

0 Likes
BrokenVet79
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Where? This is NOT on the 4, unlike the 3 which did!
0 Likes
OnionWolf
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I find the lock annoying. When I had my Watch 3, it only asked me for a lock for Samsung Pay, which duh of course. I'll only ever unlock it whenever I pay with my watch. Now with my Watch 4 classic, it automatically locks when you put it in the charger or if it's been a while since you poked the watch or something. It's annoying having to unlock it in the morning after waking up or if I randomly wake up in the middle of the night and my half functioning brain is trying to unlock it to view notifications.

DebKaz
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

yes!! so annoying!! I have the same problem, so I took samsung pay off the watch so now instead of having the ability to pay with my watch, its just my phone.  Not happy,  this and the notification problem just might send this new watch back and stick with my watch 3 which WORKS

0 Likes
BrokenVet79
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Samsung needs to update this! The option to set PIN lock to Payment only is missing from my watch 4!!!