JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

New Galaxy Watch 46mm wake-up gesture not working

(Topic created: 03-02-2021 06:24 AM)
userkBFDq3UShG
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I purchased a new Galaxy Watch 46mm and everything is working good except for the wake-up gesture. It probably seems like 1/30 times I can get it to wake up, otherwise not. I looked in the settings and the wake-up gesture is enabled and I tested turning the option off then back on, but no luck.

How can I fix this??

189 Replies
AllanPen
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

@AllanPen wrote:

My watch has ears. Shortly after my last post wakeup gesture stopped working. Also touch screen doesn't work and is turned on.

JUst did a pain in the butt reset and it's working again; come on Samsung; you can do better than this. How long will it work this time? "The Shadow know's"

0 Likes
AllanPen
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Wake up still working, but touch screen doesn't and never has and it is turned on. It doesn't bother me as I don't really need it with wakeup gesture working.

0 Likes
userGJCKMELSrL
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Mine was Theatre Mode. Now w

@userkBFDq3UShG wrote:

I purchased a new Galaxy Watch 46mm and everything is working good except for the wake-up gesture. It probably seems like 1/30 times I can get it to wake up, otherwise not. I looked in the settings and the wake-up gesture is enabled and I tested turning the option off then back on, but no luck.

How can I fix this??

orks a treat

0 Likes
userGJCKMELSrL
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Mine was Theatre Mode. Now works a treat.

0 Likes
userMJ4ZusRvRX
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I had the same problem, turn off cinema mode from and it'll work

0 Likes
userQ1lWW1mI0d
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Be sure that both "Night mode" and "theatre mode" are NOT enabled.

Swipe down on the home screen for quick access.

0 Likes
AllanPen
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

My "Goodnight mode" keeps turning itself on; I don't do it. It may go a week or more but when wakeup gesture stops working; I know it has turned it on, I really am quite disatisfied with this watch; totally unreliablle numbers in heart rate, altitude. Then one time hiking it had me doing a kilometer every few hudred meters. Also the app updates do not work ever. I've done a turn off and on, but still the same. Knowing what I know now I never ould have bought it and certainly do not recommend the watch to a potential purchaser.

Options
Galaxy Watch

Turn off no disturbing on setting 

0 Likes
userZJM0UqB8Sn
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I am going mad! I have tried everything. Wake up gesture just doesn't work. At the same time, my heart rate monitor stopped working and my step counter doesn't work either. I tried switching to another watch face too. Theater mode is off. Do not Disturb is OFF. Factory reset with and without restore. Backup and restore only. NOTHING works!!!! Overnight all stopped working. How is that possible! Samsung is really loosing customers!

knightsurgeon
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Watch

An Accepted Solution has been marked, and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. We understand the solution marked may not be a solution for everyone, If you have a separate concern or question, feel free to Private message a moderator or post a new thread with additional details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed in order to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find needed content. Remember that if you do make a new post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring. Thank you for being part of the community!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes