JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

New Galaxy Watch 46mm wake-up gesture not working

(Topic created: 11-16-2018 10:03 AM)
userkBFDq3UShG
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I purchased a new Galaxy Watch 46mm and everything is working good except for the wake-up gesture. It probably seems like 1/30 times I can get it to wake up, otherwise not. I looked in the settings and the wake-up gesture is enabled and I tested turning the option off then back on, but no luck.

How can I fix this??

189 Replies
user6dx63HBNTy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

YES BRAND NEW BOTH ! Reading through the whole manual ( I am a masochist) i "berlive" this has to do with the WARTERPROOFING . AFter  nothing else to try .. I turned on the "water cleaning"  AND it worked for 1/2 a day. I wish I could remeber how to get there ! Downling docs as we speak.

0 Likes
userehMMHMbElH
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Having the same issue.  Note 9 and Galaxy Watch are less than 2 weeks old.  I tried most of the steps listed but nothing worked until I turned off "wake up by bezel" and enabled then disabled water lock. One of the two fixed it, for now at least.  If it happens again I may return it.

0 Likes
userM8xlQ8wrjW
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same issue .Worked for 2 days now it won't 

Have to turn bezel. Connected to note s9

0 Likes
userKgFWMKFi35
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

i have mine connected to samsung phone....I didn't have to press buttons when i first got it but now that is the only way i can see the time.  I love teh pedometre but and very frustrated with the face issue.

0 Likes
userGK6Bc0jD6j
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same problem. Watch worked fine for 1 week. Now wake gesture doesn't work when scheduled "do not disturb" mode comes on. 

Goodnight mode has never been set

0 Likes
useriOBAe5rhLt
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Yes...me watch is connected to Samsung Note *

0 Likes
userQRVaCMGiXb
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I've the same no wake up gesture issue. Any suggestions please?

0 Likes
userh37vWPLbQX
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Goodnight mode seems to have disabled wake up gesture.  Turned Goodnight mode off and wakeup worked again. 

Good luck

useraTbDH7U5G4
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Ya... thanks for the solution. Turned off this feature will allow it to wake up on gesture during NON-SLEEPING hour...

This is a software bug.

SAMSUNG... when can we get patch to correct this bug?

0 Likes
userirthyTqIXR
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Turn off your night mode

0 Likes