cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usergulFVhfYPg
Asteroid

New Galaxy Watch calories burned issues

The new Galaxy Watch has major issues with determining actual active calories burned  

When compared to the Garmin Fenix3 and gen 3 apple watch, the Galaxy Watch is way off. The older model has a very l ok ng thread about a similar issue. When is Samsung going to issue a fix? As it stands now, it is unreliable. Referring to active calories burned, FYI.

Samsung also needs to allow Android messages notifications on this new device. Handcuffing customers to the Samsung branded messages app is just painful. 

25 REPLIES 25
Symohiuddin
Constellation

Re: New Galaxy Watch calories burned issues

95 Calories burned while doing weights in 11 minutes...... Horribly overestimating calories 

userdbeTvQv22i
Astronaut

I have only had my watch for a couple of months but my calorie count has been much too high since the day I got it. It shows me burning about 23,000 calories per day. I was hoping to use this watch in place of my Fitbit, but not if it is unable to accurately track my calories burned.

Why hasn't this been fixed since March? Does Samsung expect everyone to independently have to call S-Health separately? Technology at this price point should just work!

Symohiuddin
Constellation

Also my battery dies in less than 22 hours.... 

usercHmvWe6GPx
Asteroid

My battery dies that fast as well. Very dissatisfied with this watch. 

userHwpnaoEXmZ
Constellation

My galaxy watch last me three days tops. I have had any issues with the battery

userA313StxBCG
Constellation

Really sad to hear this is still an issue. I would really love to grab one of these new watches, but inaccurate calorie burn makes this a no-go for me. Loved the gear S3 but had to return it for the same reason. Get it together Samsung..

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

We understand your frustrations and will forward them accordingly.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Ruchir
Constellation

so what happens after you "Forward" the issue?

usergulFVhfYPg
Asteroid

Samsung either refuses to acknowledge issues or doesn't have the competency to provide a resolution. I am now stuck with a $300 paperweight since it is useless for true fitness/calorie tracking.

I just purchased a Garmin VivoActive 3. So disappointed.

So difficult to get any kind of meaningful support from Samsung