JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

New Galaxy Watch does not count steps

(Topic created: 09-02-2018 07:53 AM)
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi! Just got my Galaxy Watch yesterday. And already today it stopped counting steps. It counted a little and then all together quit. I reset it multiple times and after the third time it counted 50 steps and quit again. Any one else is having this issue?

446 Replies
Rob K
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

I just went and tested the change in settings and turned auto detection for rowing and elliptical to off. I restarted the watch and did a side by side comparison with my Garmin 3 HR. The step count on the Galaxy Watch now appears to register and lags behind by about 10% vs. the Garmin (this is consistent and seems acceptable). 

However, I climbed 5 floors in total, which were registered spot on with the Garmin, but the Galaxy Watch only counted 1.  So, clearly this issue is only partially resolved. 

785_kgoodness
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy Watch

Which Garmin watch do you have? I'm thinking about the Samsung Galaxy watch or a Garmin watch.

0 Likes
Angus
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

@SweetiePie1982 wrote:

Hi! Just got my Galaxy Watch yesterday. And already today it stopped counting steps. It counted a little and then all together quit. I reset it multiple times and after the third time it counted 50 steps and quit again. Any one else is having this issue?

Likely adding in steps from the phone...

I plan to wait to see if samsung acknowledges issue and fixes.  If that does not happen by my 15 day return window, watch going back.   Tick tock samsung!

userWSOxhfubhQ
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Yes - driving me insane! I had the same problem yesterday (first day) and eventually got it working but by that time it was late eveing so had lost all yesterdays activity. Started off OK this monring (9am) for a few minutes but then

pretty much stopped straight away. Have already re-set 3 times but still no joy. 

Really wish I'd stuck with my Fitbit - not happy as these are not cheap and you expect more from Samsung.

0 Likes
Shocket
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same issue here, steps wildly off , counting about 30% if your lucky! 

0 Likes
userz9ELY2H6zV
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Called customer service and they have no idea what the issue is. Just told if not happy to return it. Really useless customer service.

@samsung978531what are you waiting for to give all of us an answer? Is this a batch issue or general issue? Are you waiting for all of us to return our watches. 

Is this the new samsung flop as note 7?

0 Likes
userG1thle1yZg
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Just return it. When you realize they took out the technology that makes Samsung pay so awesome (MST) and left you with only the ability to make payments via NFC which is not accepted very many locations you will be very upset. I returned my watch. Samsung how can you make a 2 year newer watch more expensive yet have worse features???????

king Roger
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Speak for your own country! NFC is at every single retailer in Australia. And has been for about 5 years. USA lagging behind as usual?

0 Likes
ReproOne
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I tried customer care and supervisors, but sadly I returned the watch today. I hope they finally fix the step counter and heart rate, but I couldn't justify the cost for a watch with issues not being addressed.

0 Likes