JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

New Galaxy Watch does not count steps

(Topic created: 09-07-2018 12:26 AM)
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi! Just got my Galaxy Watch yesterday. And already today it stopped counting steps. It counted a little and then all together quit. I reset it multiple times and after the third time it counted 50 steps and quit again. Any one else is having this issue?

446 Replies
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thanks for this suggestion but it's not helping. We would like to know when would this update come out.

Just got off the phone with Samsung Customer service and according to them there is no reports that there is anything wrong with the watch. And to get the update or find out when it will come out I would need to call Google to see if there is an update that they will be releasing for the Galaxy Watch.

This watch is definitely going back. Samsung is not responsible for their broken devices.

0 Likes
userbray2Oy5k2
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I am having the same problem.  I spoke with Samsung through a chat two days ago and I returned my Galaxy watch today.  I have another one now.  The count compared to my Fitbit One (which seems to always be very accurate) were wildly off on this new one as well. I find I have to walk more than 15 steps for the steps to begin to register.  Anytime you stop the count starts over after 15 more steps. I walked the treadmill tonight and it recorded my time as treadmill exercise but didn't count one step.  Maybe I just don't understand how the treadmill button is suppose to work. Today the new watch was about 44% accurate compared to my Fitbit. With the watch I returned today I logged from 39% accuracy to 50%a accuracy.  I have reset, tried the tricks with the rowing button and elipitical and nothing.  I turned off power saving and it recorded no steps at all.  I think I'm going to give up and return this one as well.  It's too bad since I like many of the features.

0 Likes
userMBF9UxVNy7
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

This didn't work for me either, I disabled auto detection for elliptical and rowing machine but my step count is still very inconsistent.

My brand new Galaxy Watch says I have only walked 470 steps ALL DAY, my FitBit says I have walked 4,726. 

0 Likes
userY0qbPjEC0i
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

In Poland we have simlar problem, but whith heart rate sensors... I have no words..... I bought my  Galaxy Watch on pre-order...

0 Likes
cdc1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Bought a watch in pre-order in Belgium, arrived thursday: same problem.  Really disappointed that I can not find any information if it's now really software or hardware issue and when it will be solved.  Took contact with my dealer and I can sent it back.  I want to keep them if I'm sure that it's software related. Moderator say it's software but people who received the update of some days ago says that it's not solved, so what is it now?

Hello Samsung, if it's software, why do you not release any update that works? It's my first watch and I'm also really disappointed that a basic feature even does not work.  Unbelievable for me: I think it's better to put your testers outside! If you need a good tester for your products, call me 😉

0 Likes
usersxCF2kYMa0
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I phoned tech support yesterday and unsurprisingly they didn't know of any issues with the galaxy watches.  I explained that's the issue, nobody at Samsung seems to be aware.  I AM MAKING YOU AWARE, DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.  After a bit of back and forth, she agreed to pass this up the chain so it can be investigated because ultimately it makes her and the rest of tech support look stupid.  I pointed her to the Samsung forums and the threads with loads of people saying "mine also isn't tracking properly" so she will pass that along too.  I have a case number and will phone every day until I hear something (although I left the number at work so will pick it up Monday).  I recommend that everyone do the same.  Be nice and courteous but don't stop until you are confident that they are doing something about it. 

Not long after my call, I noticed on the UK Samsung support forums there was a thread asking for people with tracking  (steps, HR etc) issues to submit error reports through the galaxy wearable app on their phone. I'm submitting as many as I can manage.

0 Likes
userXnG0DHQTSw
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I ended up returning mine before it was too late!  I had the 42 mm Galaxy.  I have read this problem appears to have carriered over from the S3 Gears and does not appear to have ever been resolved......  I had an S2 Classic that NEVER had this problem but if Samsung can let this MAJOR issue go that long, I was not too hopeful they will take care of it!!  Especially if they are not even acknowledging it after THIS long!   SAD but I am not spending that kind of money for a product that is advertised as the ulitimate fitness tracker for it to not track steps of all things!!  Sad because I love Samsung and I did get the Note 9 that I do LOVE!!!  No issues with it thus far 🙂

0 Likes
userqTYPXIg88X
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I too have the new Galaxy 42mm Smartwatch.   From day 1 it has not tracked steps or floors correctly.   I gave up my Fitbit Versa for this.   I beginning to think this was a really bad idea.   I am using it with my S9+ phone.   I have done all of the things I have read to do, to try to resolve this.   Cleared all of the suggested cache's.  Turned off all activity tracking except walking.   Rebooted the phone.   But in comparison to my Fitbit  I am barely moving, which is definitely not true.   Samsung if you are reading this, mine could be another one going back.   PLEASE FIX THESE ISSUES QUICKLY.   We are  a Samsung household, and for the first time,  I am really disappointed in your product. 

If anyone knows of anything else to try,  I would love to try them. 

0 Likes
userBqnP2lYOfc
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same here. Have the 46mm Galaxy watch and step count is always lower than wearing Fitbit Charge 2 on same wrist while going for a walk.

0 Likes