JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

New Galaxy Watch does not count steps

(Topic created: 09-10-2018 05:41 AM)
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi! Just got my Galaxy Watch yesterday. And already today it stopped counting steps. It counted a little and then all together quit. I reset it multiple times and after the third time it counted 50 steps and quit again. Any one else is having this issue?

446 Replies
JC Money
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

@Mizzy1 wrote:

Your answer is not helping the big picture here..THERE ARE A LOT OF BAD GALAXY WATCHES ON THE MARKET..I HAVE RETURNED 2 WATCHES AND THE 3RD WATCH IS DOING THE SAME THING! THEY WERE PURCHASED FROM BEST BUY AND WALMART! I PAID $352 FOR ALL 3 PURCHASES! I DEMAND ANSWERS! I OWN samsung s1, s2 classic, s3 frontier, & s3 classic AND NEVER HAD ISSUES WITH THOSE....THIS GALAXY WATCH IS BUGGED AND NEEDS TO BE ACKNOWLEDGED BY samsung THEN FIXED🤬

Just a warning, if you return something too many times to Best Buy they will put you on their Poop List and eventually they will not let you return anything bought in their store. I am a living witness to this. if you show your ID when you purchase the item, then they log every purchase you make and if you return too many large (costly) serial number items they will flag your account even if your returns are legit. So please be warned. It took me forever to miraculously get off their "Poop List". And since it's a separate company hired by Best Buy to do the monitoring, there's really nothing you  or Best Buy can do about getting you off this list. It's crazy & not fair! So please be careful and don't let it happen to you.

0 Likes
user6N1iXlWR8H
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Yup! Happened to me. I made 6 purchases in about a 2-month time frame, and returned 4 of those items. Out of the 4, two were still new in box, one was defective, and one I just didn't like. Got banned for 1 year. It was absolutely ridiculous. Yet they'll happily allow me to continue to shop and spend money. I'm afraid to purchase one of these known defective watches if there's no fix in sight. Shame on Best Buy AND Samsung! 

0 Likes
Whitdizzles
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I'm having the same issue, I've been at 997 steps for a few hours now, but my phone has me at 2000+ without having it on me all day. Any advice..I called tech support and they had no idea, game me the number to app support...clearing and deleting boothtooth cache didn't seem to do the trick. Frustrating that  I preordered, watch was late and now this. 

0 Likes
Mizzy1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

@Whitdizzles samsung is not offering us help at the moment! We have been returning watches back to back per samsung customer service and each replacement still has the same issues! They wont ackowledge the issue so I been all over the forums and internet and I see a lot of people are having the step or heart rate issue! This one lady had an article that confirmed what I been telling samsung support when they keep saying return the watch to the store or troubleshoot and the moderators try to say turn ellitical off an turn towing off and do master resets constanly an cut watch off an on periodically during a days span! I keep telling them ITS THE WATCHES NOT THE USERS🤦🏻‍:female_sign:🤦🏼‍:male_sign: I put the link below for the ladies article!

Whitdizzles
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Ahhhhhh, thanks for the article,  so do you plan on waiting for the update or returning again until they resolve the issue?

0 Likes
Mizzy1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

@Whitdizzles I have returned the watch and tried different stores hoping one store might had a good batch but that did not work in my case! If they dont acknowledge the public and release a fix by the time my return date gets near then Im gona return it! Samsung is clearly shooting their self in the foot cuse the Apple event is Sept 12th and the bad part about this is that a lot of people in these forums said they are 1st time samsung watch buyers cuse they left Apple..what a bad time for samsung to have a watch issue smh🤦🏻‍:female_sign:🤦🏼‍:male_sign:

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch

I can't find the article you are talking about...

0 Likes
Mizzy1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

@SweetiePie1982 try this link below telling about the step counter and heart rate issue..samsung wont acknowledge the issues right now and the moderators are not much help at this point either..I am on watch #3 from different stores and they are all faulty so if samsung dont get  a fix before my return date gets here then I will return this 3rd rose gold galaxy watch and keep it moving! I hope this link helps shed some light on this samsung galaxy watch issue that a lot of users are having problems with:

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you very much! 

0 Likes
Mizzy1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

@SweetiePie1982 You are most certainly welcome because we are all here trying to get help and answers so we got to help one another till samsung steps up to the plate and tell us what the fix will be! You have a wonderful day now🙂

0 Likes