JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

New Galaxy Watch does not count steps

(Topic created: 09-10-2018 11:26 AM)
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi! Just got my Galaxy Watch yesterday. And already today it stopped counting steps. It counted a little and then all together quit. I reset it multiple times and after the third time it counted 50 steps and quit again. Any one else is having this issue?

446 Replies
Pawan singh Darmwal
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

What the f Samsung my brand new watch padomeater is not working wdf is this. I want my money back..

I updated my Galaxy watch also. But problem is not solved

0 Likes
usere9iAdHGWu1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Try to send it back for a full refund before it's too late
userfqnwaYnokt
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same problem here...my Fitbit registered over 20000 steps yesterday with at least 15,000 accrued during a 1.5 hour elliptical session. My Galaxy watch ultimately reached 9000 steps. My Hauwei watch consistently finished the day within 500 to 1000 steps of my Fitbit.

From my standpoint, there has been an undocumented "two steps forward and one step back" feature on the Galaxy watch. 

If I wasn't such a fitness geek with a Fitbit on the right wrist and Galaxy watch on the left, I would be compelled to return the Galaxy watch in exchange for more accurate readings. I'm putting a lot of trust in Samsung to come through because I love everything else about the watch and if it could approximate my Gear S2 readings I'd be ecstatic. 

Trying to play around with the suggested settings now...

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch

Shame on Samsung! You released a brand new device that doesn't work and you have not come up with a solution to fix it? But you took our money .... Right? Ok. My device is going back!

0 Likes
Angus
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

@SamsungKim1 wrote:

The pedometer and heart rate sensor may not work properly on some watches with a specific software version. The issue will be resolved by a software update. For a temporary solution, reboot the watch when the problem is detected, and then disable the Elliptical trainer and Rowing machine setting. (The menu options may vary by the watch.)

as with others...this did not work.

for those that seem to have it working, can you let us know what version of Tizen you are running and anything else that might help us to diagnose what the issue is (lets at least try to help Samsung out a little...)

here is mine...  for reference, i pre-ordered and received last Thursday

Tizen: 4.0.0.0

SW Ver:  R800XXU1BRH3 

Knox: 2.3.0

SE For Tizen 2.0.0

TIMA 3.0.0

0 Likes
AngelRyder
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

All mine are the same except my SW is R810XXU1BRH3

My steps take a little while to catch up, but they are accurate. I do notice that my watch face causes issues. It will go back to the original and start counting steps all over again on the main watch screen. When I first took it out of the box it was not couting at all. I did a reset and an update did occur so I'm not sure if it was the software that updated or just the S Health which I know that updated to 5.17.2.009. 

0 Likes
AngelRyder
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Samsung... could these downloaded watch faces be causing lag in step counting?

0 Likes
Angus
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

@AngelRyder wrote:

All mine are the same except my SW is R810XXU1BRH3

My steps take a little while to catch up, but they are accurate. I do notice that my watch face causes issues. It will go back to the original and start counting steps all over again on the main watch screen. When I first took it out of the box it was not couting at all. I did a reset and an update did occur so I'm not sure if it was the software that updated or just the S Health which I know that updated to 5.17.2.009. 

Interesting.  I have the 46mm and my sw version is R800XXU1BRH3.   Do you have the 42mm or 46?  If you have the 46, then wondering hownto force the new software down.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch

Do not know if it has any significance... But my watch counts steps when in power save mode. Don't know why but I discovered it by accident. I hope this is helpful.

0 Likes
userMBF9UxVNy7
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Bought my Galaxy watch the weekend it was released, step count has been screwy ever since, sometimes counting too few steps, but mostly not counting them at all.  I have gone back to wearing my FitBit to accurately count steps.

I just had something odd happen that may be noteworthy.  My watch hasn't counted steps in the past 4 hours, but it just disconnected from  Bluetooth to my phone (I walked away from my phone) and it started counting steps.

Would Bluetooth somehow be affecting step counts? 

0 Likes