JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

New Galaxy Watch does not count steps

(Topic created: 09-18-2018 07:58 AM)
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi! Just got my Galaxy Watch yesterday. And already today it stopped counting steps. It counted a little and then all together quit. I reset it multiple times and after the third time it counted 50 steps and quit again. Any one else is having this issue?

446 Replies
userpDHglEAJuY
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Original Galaxy Watch Pre-ordered

Watch model number: SM-R815U 42mm Midnight Black

Watch baseband / software version:  Tizen 4.0.0.0 / R815USQU1ARH8

Type of phone connected to:  Galaxy S9 SM-G960U

Bluetooth or carrier version: LTE T-Mobile

Galaxy Watch #2 for replacement

Watch model number: SM-R815U 42mm Midnight Black

Watch baseband / software version:  Tizen 4.0.0.0 / R815USQU1ARH8

Type of phone connected to:  Galaxy S9 SM-G960U

Bluetooth or carrier version: LTE T-Mobile (did not connect to network since it's worse)

Been logging starting steps, counting steps as walked (20/50/100), then logging the steps shown on each watch against my phone & Gear Fit. Neither watch is consistently close to being accurate. Sometimes they're less steps, sometimes their more steps. 

0 Likes
usercx64yZzeMP
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I was holding out hope that Samsung would fix this issue (after trying EVERYTHING I was told to try)... but, no fix and today was my last day to return so the watch went back to the store. What a bummer, especially for a fitness tracking smartwatch at this price point. Going to try another brand instead and see if I get better results. I'll keep watching this thread though, in case Samsung actually acknowledges and resolves the issue & in the event that I m unhappy with what I try out now. Good luck everyone!

0 Likes
usersiAmc82xLk
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

@usercx64yZzeMPI guess the Garmin Vivoactive 3 might be your best shot..

0 Likes
userXnG0DHQTSw
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Returned my Galaxy and will try the TicWatch Pro.  Lots of good features and 2 to 5 day battery on smart mode with possible 30 on eco mode so crossing my fingers 

0 Likes
userKMyus215EI
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have been thinking about trying that one too.  Debating between Garmin Vivoactive 3 and Ticwatch Pro.  Let me know how you like it.

0 Likes
userKMyus215EI
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have been thinking about trying that one too.  Debating between Garmin Vivoactive 3 and Ticwatch Pro.  Let me know how you like it.

0 Likes
userXnG0DHQTSw
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I received it but it was HUGE so I returned it.  I have small wrist so I ordered the Fossil Q 4th Gen and was not a fan unfortunately.  I will let you know what I end up with.

0 Likes
usercdoAp46dEI
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I wore both my new Galaxy watch and my old Garmin Vivofit today. The Galaxy watch is 2700 lower than my Garmin. I have a lot faith in my Garmin as it's been pretty accurate for many years now. 

0 Likes
Birdymom
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

I put my new Samsung watch in the charger and wore  my old Gear S2 today. Hopefully they will notify us when they get this fixed. I've been walking for 40 months so I know how many steps I normally get.  Frustrating to have a brand new watch not be even close to accurste.

0 Likes
cdc1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello Samsung/Moderator,

It's not fear: we buy a smartwatch and some basic functionality are not working as expected. Ok, your tests were not enough, we can live with it, but what for me is very frustrating is that the Moderator now mentioned: we know there are issues and it will be solved with a software update.  OK, but when? I'm now pushing "check for software updates every day" (several times) but it's not coming.  So I'm not wearing it currently because I will sent it back if there is no solution in an acceptable timeframe.  So please could you be more specific: when will the update arrive: this week, next week, within 2 weeks, next month, next year, ....  

Thanks in advance for your quick answer.