JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

New Galaxy Watch does not count steps

(Topic created: 09-18-2018 08:09 AM)
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi! Just got my Galaxy Watch yesterday. And already today it stopped counting steps. It counted a little and then all together quit. I reset it multiple times and after the third time it counted 50 steps and quit again. Any one else is having this issue?

446 Replies
user2RM6X21jWl
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Good observation. Try walking 5, 10 or 15 steps and the watch doesn't record anything. Get to 20 and above  and it records those steps. I've just tested doing 50 and 100 steps on the spot and it was pretty accurate with those, and I have felt it was pretty close on a walk, but have no other counting device to compare it against other than watching the counter go up and comparing it to my own counting, which for the short periods I could be bothered to check, seemed pretty accurate.

Stairs though, totally hopeless, I might as well use a random number generator for a number between 1 and 5 and it would still be more accurate than the watch! The only way it could be any worse would be if I was to try and ask Bixby!

0 Likes
Birdymom
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

I did a complete trip thru Sam's, and it only counted 20 steps. They told me to check the software, and it is the current version. Next option wait for a software update .

0 Likes
userDFt575kfJN
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I received my new rose gold watch today.  I was really excited to move from my Fossil Q Venture which has been great but doesn't have a heart rate monitor or sleep tracker. 

The new watch doesn't record steps.  I have tried every fix and had an on line chat with someone from Samsung but nothing works.  How can an expensive smart watch not even perform a basic function that the cheapest smart watch can do with no problems?!?

Returning for a refund tomorrow.  Gutted! 

0 Likes
user1NF1oqgN1M
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I'm having exactly the same thing. Chat on twitter not very helpful but I did everything they suggested and it will work for a few hours then stops. Useless. 

0 Likes
Andrei V
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

@user88wJqlok4x wrote:

If you are referring to the new SHealth update you will be disapointed, it does nothing to rectify the step count or floor count whilst walking around the house, supermarket etc. I find it hard to believe that Samsung have completely messed up with basic monitoring on the latest Galaxy watches. The GearFit 2, which i'm waring on my other wrist atm doesn't have any problems recording low step counts. Please get the problem sorted Samsung.

Model No...........SM-R810

Software version...........R810XXU1ARH1

Connected to S8

I'm talking about latest software update R800XXU1BRH3 but as far as I can see is the same

Hr even it's always on I still see  10 Min ago and Measuring, trying to get the HR. More than that I see it's going go 120-130 BPM and if I check with the phone the hr is 70. If I check manually I receive an accurate HR.

Also the sleep report, I have 0 deep sleep every night

0 Likes
Steve J
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Just spoken to Samsung directly about this issue. They have had numerous calls and complaints about this, so they are aware. I've just booked in a return to be fixed for tomorrow. I will update when i receive my device back. 

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch

Are you returning your watch or sending it in for repair?

0 Likes
Birdymom
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Waiting to see where this goes and carrying my old watch in my pocket. 

0 Likes
Birdymom
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

They told me to check that the software is up to date and wait for an update.  So am carrying my old Samsung watch and wearing the new one. 

0 Likes
Birdymom
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

They told me to check that the software was up to date. It was. Then to wait for a software update that should be coming "soon".

0 Likes