JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

New Galaxy Watch does not count steps

(Topic created: 09-18-2018 04:11 PM)
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi! Just got my Galaxy Watch yesterday. And already today it stopped counting steps. It counted a little and then all together quit. I reset it multiple times and after the third time it counted 50 steps and quit again. Any one else is having this issue?

446 Replies
Options
Galaxy Watch

watch will show only watch steps. not the combined with other devices like phone s health. 

0 Likes
Birdymom
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

My  new watch was off 1900 steps from my Gear s2 and my new Note 9.  I carried all 3 today.  New watch will live on my pocket until this gets fixed. 

0 Likes
userQqOMtv1Oi8
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Phone not counting steps, nothing has helped. My model number is SM-R810

Software version: Tizen Version 4.0.0.0

Connected to: Samsung S9

Bluetooth version

This is my third watch with Samsung and I have loved them all, but the pedometer and floor counting were my main reasons for buying the watch and currently rhey aren't working. Something needs to happen. 

0 Likes
useraYE0jFSBp1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Just finished a run and it didn't track my HR throughout and after my sync to S Health it shows that I only took a total of 200 steps.

Samsung please fix your heart rate tracking (active/RHR/sleep) and your steps. 

0 Likes
theAnton
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Also, when restarting the watch it briefly shows combined data from the phone and watch consistend with what is displayed on the phone but then resets everything to zero after a few seconds, please fix this as well.

0 Likes
userUeVMVUFwCZ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hey Samsung, how about giving the customers 50% discount on the watch due to all these bugs this new watch has? I will then keep the watch as I like its smart watch features and looks but can compromise on the limitations of its fitness function if given the discount. Thanks!

0 Likes
nikkillb
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
I agree! I had a Fitbit Surge and it kept getting condensation in it, so I replaced it with this Samsung Watch. I was ok, with the battery life, but anything to do with the activity app, is ridiculous! It seems that Samsung has a known issue, but is ok with not fixing it. But maybe we just tolerate the problem and that is what Samsung is banking on! If we refuse to buy the product or give it a bad review, then maybe they will fix it. Just saying!
0 Likes
uservkskxugMiy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I did a reasonable amount of walking today. The step counter on my S9+ gave around 8000 steps, my watch around 2500.

What's odd is that the step counter says I walked about 2.5km, but the activity tracker says over 5km. So something seems to be up specifically with the step counter. 

0 Likes
b16bb16b
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have the same problem I do more often short distance my fitbit charge 2 says 2800 steps galaxy watch says 1000 big difference.. For example I wake up and going to bathroom no steps then to kitchen not steps going back to bedroom 15 steps again to kitchen after out to my car still 15 normally is 250 or something

I will waiting one more week for firmware then I will return the watch 

0 Likes
msarro
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have the opposite problem of everyone it seems. I'm sitting here at my work desk and haven't moved, and it's telling me I've walked a mile. I haven't. I literally rolled out of bed, sat down and started working at my desk. I guess it's detecting typing as footsteps?

0 Likes