JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

New Galaxy Watch does not count steps

(Topic created: 09-21-2018 05:46 PM)
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi! Just got my Galaxy Watch yesterday. And already today it stopped counting steps. It counted a little and then all together quit. I reset it multiple times and after the third time it counted 50 steps and quit again. Any one else is having this issue?

446 Replies
userFuiSxYyqn7
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

SM-R810

Tizen Version 4.0.0.1

R810XXU1BRJ4

Bluetooth

Samsung Galaxy S6

Steps in a 24 hour period are around 200.

0 Likes
userFuiSxYyqn7
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

SM-R810

Tizen Version 4.0.0.1

R810XXU1BRJ4

Bluetooth

Samsung Galaxy S6

Steps in a 24 hour period are around 200.

0 Likes
userqTYPXIg88X
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

My Galaxy Watch 42mm Rosegold is not tracking steps or floors correctly like my Fitbit Versa.

I have:

Model:   SM-R810

SW:    TIZEN 4.0.0.1

VERSION:   R810XXU1BRJ4

Connected to Galaxy S9+

0 Likes
userq9Wf2LIZbR
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi, I have the same problem. I've tried the rowing/elliptical machine workaround and it's not made any difference.

SM-R800

Tizen version: 4.0.0.1

Software version: R800XXU1BRK3

Connected to Pixel 2 XL

Bluetooth version

wvkreg
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Yeah, so is there a real solution or I will have to return the46mm watch for real.

wvkreg
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Half day of measuring with Gear S3 and Galaway Watch on one wrist.

See picture for comparison!

userYHIkmZWSfW
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Here's my solution: Apple Watch.

See ya, Samsung. Thanks a lot for caring!

Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello,

After returning my 2 Galaxy Watches, because of failing to register steps, not counting steps I decided to test the sensors on my 3rd watch which also doesn't count steps correctly. The way you can do it is if you go to your PHONE DİALER  on your watch you can enter *#0*# this will bring you to a screen where you can select sensors then scroll down to gyroscope and click on SELF. This should self test your sensor.  I tested it before and usually PASSED but I tried testing several times and it would PASS and then FAİL! So you might need to test it several times. 

So far no one at Samsung suggested doing that! 

The moral of the story.... This is not a software issue!!! This is a manufacturing and quality control issue! 

0 Likes
Birdymom
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Great.  I wore my Gear S2 today on my wrist and attached the new watch to my fanny pack while I walked.  The new watch quit after 2600 steps, and my old faithful S2 ended with 15,000+.  I bought my watch my Samsung so it will be interesting to see where this goes.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch

The fact that the sensor self test keeps FAİLİNG/PASSİNG would explain why it registers some steps but not the others. So it works intermittently. I can't believe the amount of time I spent trying to figure out this issue!

0 Likes