JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

New Galaxy Watch does not count steps

(Topic created: 10-21-2018 07:56 PM)
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi! Just got my Galaxy Watch yesterday. And already today it stopped counting steps. It counted a little and then all together quit. I reset it multiple times and after the third time it counted 50 steps and quit again. Any one else is having this issue?

446 Replies
userj4d8apaJbc
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Just got my new galaxy watch today to replace my Fitbit Ionic. First piece ever I'm buying from Samsung and it's going right back where it came from... 

Did everything mentioned to get correct step count and it's just not doing what it should.

0 Likes
userYHIkmZWSfW
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Samsung should absolutely be ashamed of themselves.

Would even Apple EVER have an issue like this that was not immediately corrected?? No way. 

0 Likes
userAVX8ydUk2q
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Do not return to Sansung. They will not refund you for taxes. They will only refund purchase price and you will be out of luck. I am on my 4th watch and none of them count steps properly. I will keep going back returning and trying again. I feel like it is a public service taking these defective watches out of the unsuspecting public's hands. Nice to see quality is back up to the Note 7 standards.

0 Likes
Birdymom
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

I wore both my S2 and my new Samsung watch today.  Suddenly the S2 battery died after 4 hours .  These are the numbers. S2 12215 steps Note 9 13573 steps new watch 10718.  Healthy steps S2 8961 Note 9 8526 healthy steps new watch 0 healthy steps. Keep in mind that the S2 battery died after 4 hours and the new watch and note 9 have been on for 12 hours. New watch has been "fixed" with a new motherboard, new motion sensor and 2 software updates. I just want them to give me a refund  

0 Likes
Birdymom
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Yesterday

S2 12215 steps 8516 healthy steps

New watch 10497 no healthy steps detected

Note 9 13573 steps 8962 healthy steps

Note 9 is Always fewer steps than the S2

Today

Note 9 14982 steps 10418 healthy

New watch 12912 steps 0 healthy steps detected

New watch is off. 5 mile from Note 9

Tired of playing this game.  And why is my S2 battery dying after 4 hours

New watch has new motherboard, new motion sensor and up to date software

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch

What is a healthy step?

0 Likes
Birdymom
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Somewhere on Samsung health it shows what a healthy step is. It is a number of steps at a certain pace.  I walk between 4-5 miles a day at 3.9 or 4 Mph.

0 Likes
Birdymom
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

My watch is returned for the 2nd time due the same issue.  It had a new motherboard, a new motion sensor and the latest 2 software updates. What else is there?? Samsung won't refund because it is past the 15 days until it fails 3 times  RUN RUN RUN away from this watch. Using my Gear S2 and 2 Neos as alternatives . They need to get this fixed NOW. 

0 Likes
userKMyus215EI
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Contact the office of the President to get your refund.

0 Likes
userTKr0wLC1xO
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

IvI' also got the same problem. It's also stopped mesurimea my heartbeat. I've rebooted the watch twice and it fixes it for a while but I then have to set everything up from scratch again. ImI going back to the shop to ask for a refund and getting another make.

0 Likes