JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

New Galaxy Watch does not count steps

(Topic created: 11-05-2018 12:55 PM)
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi! Just got my Galaxy Watch yesterday. And already today it stopped counting steps. It counted a little and then all together quit. I reset it multiple times and after the third time it counted 50 steps and quit again. Any one else is having this issue?

446 Replies
user1NF1oqgN1M
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I am experiencing exactly the same. Step counter either doesn't count at all or it counts a few then stops. Not counting floors at all. 

It worked for the 1st week. 

I have tried everything advised. 

Very disappointed in this watch, thought this new version was more focused on health. That's a joke. 

Samsung support on twitter were useless, wanted me to take to a support shop which is completely impracticable.

£279 and a brand new watch and it looks like many are having the same issue.

0 Likes
userRnIzOkLAON
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I just purchased the galaxy watch and it is not counting steps. Going to try the suggestion below to see if works! Alot of money for a watch that doesn't work correctly!

0 Likes
user5l0UhqzcpE
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hey Samsung team, what is going on with fixing all the issues we all have found? Can you give us some new information about the progress of resolving those issues....

0 Likes
user39wh3C0Kkg
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Turning off eliptical and others did not help at all. Now it's gone from counting some steps to counting zero steps. I'm about ready to turn in my galaxy phone and watch. This is ridiculous.

user8qubl7K9HU
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Tried this solution today, but it did not work.  I've been using Samsung products for quite some time, but to have invested in my first smart watch with them and experiencing these issues is NOT boosting my confidence.

Also seeing this issue not resolved quickly is worrying.  Should I return my product!?

user4l4puR8Ynl
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Brought NEW SAMSUNG GALAXY WATCH today to replace my not so old Sport and it doesn't count steps. I have latest fireware etc. What is going on? Not impressed... fix it - my sport worked perfectly fine 

0 Likes
userN5zQgqZNRF
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

0 Likes
userN5zQgqZNRF
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

That do not help is an expensive watch and do not count steps... Samsung need to fix that issue.

userfqnwaYnokt
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I  tried all of the bandaids suggested but none seem to be improving my step counts. It still baffles me that my Fitbit registered over 18,000 steps while my Galaxy watch couldn’t even get to 10,000; especially since that day included a 90 minute elliptical workout at 175-180 rpm. Last Friday, my Fitbit registered over 15,000 steps while the Galaxy watch registered 8,000. I can understand some discrepancy based on an algorithm that eliminates false steps...but these differences seem excessive when comparing my daily walk and workout patterns to my current Fitbit, two previous Fitbits, a Huawei watch and a Gear S2. 

If the algorithm/counting process could be explained, perhaps I could accept these differences (to a degree) and adjust my step goals accordingly.  I wish I had the time and focus needed to perform this experiment more scientifically (such as painstakingly counting my steps manually), but step tracker comparisons will have to suffice. With that, I’ll continue wearing 2 trackers until I can trust the results.

0 Likes
b16bb16b
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
Propably galaxy watch shows steps after TAX 😂😛
0 Likes