JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

New Galaxy Watch does not count steps

(Topic created: 11-25-2018 08:21 AM)
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi! Just got my Galaxy Watch yesterday. And already today it stopped counting steps. It counted a little and then all together quit. I reset it multiple times and after the third time it counted 50 steps and quit again. Any one else is having this issue?

446 Replies
Birdymom
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

They sent a text yesterday saying they were sending the watch back without it being fixed due to parts unavailablity.  Today they left a message saying that they would refund the purchase without the tax, or I could wait until the parts came in at an indefinite time.  I requested the check.  What Fitbits do you use?  I really like something that has a good clock and the fitness both.  Thanks everybody.

userfqnwaYnokt
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I use the Fitbit Alta HR. It has everything I need given that I also wear a Galaxy Watch. I like the fact that it’s small so it doesn’t look like I’m using two watches. 

It it is relatively inexpensive and consequently comes with potential negatives for those looking for more out of their wearable. There aren’t many watch face choices, it’s monotone, it’s not waterproof, the notification vibrations are weak and it doesn’t count floors. In spite of this, I love the fact that it uses Fitbit’s software and is very capable capturing measurables.

There are way more capable Fitbits out there so you can certainly pick one that most closely suits your wants and needs. 

0 Likes
Birdymom
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Still haven't received my refund but got an email that they are working on it.

I bought it for the pedometer, and it doesn't work so why wait for parts indefinitely. 

Birdymom
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Got an email saying that the refund is on the way.  My GearS2 battery life is awful so I found a refurbished Gear S2 with a warranty and a 3 year extended warranty.  It is working great, but I really liked the new watch except that it wouldn't track my steps.

0 Likes
Birdymom
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

After sending back my watch for the second time and waiting, I got my refund check. I really loved the watch  but counting steps was why I purchased it and that was a deal breaker for me. It was off several thousand steps from my Note 9, my Gear S2 and my 2 Gear Neo. 

0 Likes
useriyXFQSHf0g
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

@userbz3mCsJpU4 wrote:

I play a lot of tennis, probably at least five days a week for at least 1.5 hours each day. Any tennis player knows that there's a lot of stop and go involved in the game. As a result, many of my steps are not counted. I keep waiting for a fix, as my steps are way undercounted compared to my Gear Fit2 Pro.

Come on Samsung. Please correct this prolem ASAP. 

I found the fix! Check it out everyone. Troubleshooted and tested myself.

Let me know if it works for you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkXwiN-iFNM&feature=youtu.be

danwms
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

It seems better but I don't know if I'm just convincing myself that it is.

If you do three steps it still does not seem to pick it up.

0 Likes
userim4WTtiacb
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

So then come on Samsung. If this above fix actually works then you should be able to put out a permanent very quickly. But also if it's true I'd be pretty disappointed with your Samsung crew that they didn't catch the issue. 

0 Likes
usere9iAdHGWu1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

@useriyXFQSHf0g wrote:

@userbz3mCsJpU4 wrote:

I play a lot of tennis, probably at least five days a week for at least 1.5 hours each day. Any tennis player knows that there's a lot of stop and go involved in the game. As a result, many of my steps are not counted. I keep waiting for a fix, as my steps are way undercounted compared to my Gear Fit2 Pro.

Is the fix still working for you?

0 Likes
userzg8VhFxbD9
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

@usere9iAdHGWu1 wrote:

@useriyXFQSHf0g wrote:

@userbz3mCsJpU4 wrote:

Is the fix still working for you?

I don't understand this at all because the simple genetic watch face that comes with the watch has a step counter on it?

0 Likes