JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

New Galaxy Watch does not count steps

(Topic created: 11-25-2018 09:44 AM)
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi! Just got my Galaxy Watch yesterday. And already today it stopped counting steps. It counted a little and then all together quit. I reset it multiple times and after the third time it counted 50 steps and quit again. Any one else is having this issue?

446 Replies
travistyofjusti
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

We are going on 3 months now... This is getting seriously annoying. Sometimes things slip through and a product doesn't work like people want which is just how it goes but how it is dealt with is important. We have 17 Samsung devices in the house but between the refrigerator ice machine issue and this I'm really thinking my brand loyalty is misplaced. Open communication on issues and what the company is doing about them would go a long way for me. A lot of my Samsung devices have had issues at times but I've stuck with Samsung because when there has been an issue in the past they have been addressed quickly and completely. I'm not feeling like this is being addressed very well.

0 Likes
Angus
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

@travistyofjusti wrote:

We are going on 3 months now... This is getting seriously annoying. Sometimes things slip through and a product doesn't work like people want which is just how it goes but how it is dealt with is important. We have 17 Samsung devices in the house but between the refrigerator ice machine issue and this I'm really thinking my brand loyalty is misplaced. Open communication on issues and what the company is doing about them would go a long way for me. A lot of my Samsung devices have had issues at times but I've stuck with Samsung because when there has been an issue in the past they have been addressed quickly and completely. I'm not feeling like this is being addressed very well.

To this point...I too have been loyal to samsung, buying at least 7 TVs, countless phones and other devices over the years.  I really wanted a  new 65in QLED tv but decided to go with an LG OLED wallpaper TV.  I doubt this one switch will make a difference but if enough of us send a message that we have choice and will exercise that choice, samsung will start to pay attention.

Happy sunday!

0 Likes
userGSlwk8CEvO
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

HEY SAMSUNG ARE YOU EVER GOING TO FIX YOUR PRODUCT.   WE ALL SPEND $400 ON THIS WATCH AND IT DOESNT WORK.  I HAVE HAD MY REFURBED ONCE AND STILL, THE COUNTER JUST RANDOMLY STOPS.  I GETTING BETTER COUNTS WITH MY $1 PEDOMETER BOUGHT A DOLLER TREE.   NO TO ALSO BRING UP THE ISSUE WITH A PERCENTAGE OF MY CONTACTS JUST RANDOMLY DISAPPEARING.  

userWJbmDZJmbf
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

Please someone help. 

My galaxy watch has stopped counting my steps altogether ! People giving out about it being accurate etc jesus i wouldn't mind that i am getting 0 steps !!!!!!!! It worked perfectly for 2 weeks now has stopped altogether.  It is still working on my samsung health phone counting my steps . Says its connected via bluetooth to my watch 

Please someone help its not even counting 1 step and worked fine for 2 weeks 

Options
Galaxy Watch

The only solution is to return your watch while you can. It has been 5 months with no solution.

userEZ3Mb87VBk
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I got It as a gift so can't really return it... plus the return window was long gone when I realised that it has major issues with :

- low step count especially if you move around the house and you have a small one 

- it does not counts the floors corectly UNLESS you live in a manshion with very high floors. In my case at work it counts corectly the floors because it's a very tall building with high floors but at home when I go upstairs nothing happends.... so it's either a software calibration thing or the pressure sensor is not sensbile enough to detect smaller changes.

- BIG issues with HR drop outs... when running and walking especially in my case... when I start the running everything is fine but it drops in a random manner after 1 minute or 5... sometimes it comes back after a few minutes or never... sometimes a watch restart is the only way to revive it.

- Because of the HR issues the calories are NOT counted corectly while working out

- sleep recognition is RUBBISH because if the watch constantly looses HR so sleep stages are NON EXISTANT telling you frequently that you slept restless 100% of the night... and that's absolutely impossible. On the days that it works you realise that the deep sleep that you had is so low that you start to wonder how do you function properly as a human.

- while I am at work, desk job, it tells me frequently that I am asleep during the day... REALLY ?

I tried everything possible (resetting, wiping, reinstalling, changeing phones). Nothing solves the problems. I wrote Samsung tickets, on forums, on social media... they pretend that nothing is wrong and it's my watch when if your read THIS forums, SAMSUNG FORUM, A LOT OF PEOPLE HAVE MY PROBLEMS... guess what IF MORE are telling you something YOU BETTER put 2 ingineers to have a look for 5 minutes and you WILL REALIZE quickly that ARE INDEED MANY PROBLEMS STILL PRESENT ON THIS GALAXY WATCH that need to GET FIXED in a DECENT AMOUNT OF TIME NOT MONTHS ! 

As this watch presents it's UNUSABLE as an sport/fitness watch...

DON'T BUY IT unless you need a smart watch and you care about the SMART part and not the SPORT part!

user8Kmn9CcnkB
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

And why nobody poses these problems to youtube. That's could see more people in the world.  Now, the clock has only practical positive information.

userEZ3Mb87VBk
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Very few have he courage to upset a big company by posting a negative review, if they do upset them next time most likely they will NOT get the next big thing to review so they loose money... so most reviewers play nice, make a nice short review, painting a nice picture about the product and move on. Given the watch lack of functionality because of it's firmware bugs that we all know, just out of curiosity have a look at 10 youtube reviews, guess how many dare to say the truth about the product out of those 10... maybe 1 or 2... MAYBE.

Or maybe it's easier (and good for everyone) to lie by obmision?

The other day I was reading about the new Samsung Sport Gear watch that they will launch probably in the next 6 months... so this Galaxy Watch is completely broken as a fitness/sport watch, they don't do anything about it for months now but they are on track to release the next one 

No matter how you take it you just can accept the fact that they ask a lot of money for a product that WAS NOT 100%
FUNCTIONAL at the time of lauch and is NOT functional and still NOT functional now, 3 months later... not to mention that a lot of the advertised functionality STILL DOES NOT WORK at this point in time with the latest firmware !

DarthDickey
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
My watch was working and counting steps until this morning. I have had it since October I think. It counted floors and altitude and all kinds of crazy things until recently. I was okay with out the floors and altitude (those came and went irregularly) but now it not counting steps? I had it in power save mode and it still died at the same rate as non power save so I said oh well, might as well use the other features. I have rebooted it, reset it, and still, no steps counted. I have seriously upset at this watch right now. It was working perfectly well. I may not ever buy a Samsung wearable ever again. It won't even measure my heartbeat or my stress levels anymore. Samsung, fix your bugs. Word of mouth will go a long ways.
userA8WmgWrYMS
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
Well, My watch finally found all of its lost steps yesterday (ha ha) As I was sitting at my desk it jumped from 2000 steps to 43000 steps and I wasn't even up and moving at the time. What a piece of junk; I'm sending mine back. So disappointed that Samsung does not even care enough to try to have a fix. They offered me an exchange but this appears to be a problem on every single watch so I'm not exchanging I am returning.