JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

New Galaxy Watch does not count steps

(Topic created: 12-21-2018 02:12 PM)
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi! Just got my Galaxy Watch yesterday. And already today it stopped counting steps. It counted a little and then all together quit. I reset it multiple times and after the third time it counted 50 steps and quit again. Any one else is having this issue?

446 Replies
userYUUD1HXmcs
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

We are returning 2 of these.  The step cound is just so horrible.  I love the watch, but the step count just makes me feel like I am doing nothing during the day for my health.  Maybe someday Samsung will get their act together.

0 Likes
userYHIkmZWSfW
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have the solution!

Buy an iphone and an Apple Watch. At least they work and when they dont, Apple sends out software updates ASAP.

As much as people hate on Apple, their products and customer service are stellar. 

0 Likes
userC5PrUWwRkZ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

@userYHIkmZWSfW wrote:

I have the solution!

Buy an iphone and an Apple Watch. At least they work and when they dont, Apple sends out software updates ASAP.

As much as people hate on Apple, their products and customer service are stellar. 

Lol. Yeah, like I'm gonna fork out $1500 for a new phone and watch so I can count steps. Brilliant solution.

0 Likes
userYUUD1HXmcs
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

on top of that an apple watch is next to useless without an iphone right?

0 Likes
useraxNNs7VRjA
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

O, my! That is true!!!!!!!

I tested it! 

Less that 15 step - Watch doesn't count.

Mote that 15 step - Galagy watch count every step.

It started since last Firmware update 1 month ago. In the middle of October.

If it's just an algorithm then I'll wait for an update.

Thank you for you post ;))) 

0 Likes
userHcq8xVIYHt
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I just bought a brand new watch too with cellular data and it stopped counting my steps after one week. I tried the steps above but my Samsung health app keeps shutting off before I can get to the last step. This watch is terrible! I'm going back to the Fitbit!

userWJfBanBoxO
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I wore my gear s3 on one wrist and the galaxy watch on the other.  The gear S3 had almost 10% more steps counted throughout the day. The new watch is a 46mm LTE variant with BRJ3 firmware.  TMobile paused the BRJ6 update.

Rob K
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

How would you possibly purchase a refurbished Galaxy watch? It was just released on August 24th? Wrong thread?

0 Likes
userfq8k09zuAQ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I am having the same problem, and am tempted to return it. This is not acceptable for a smart watch that is geared toward fitness. Will try the reboot, but then will return it if it does not work any better than this.

0 Likes
BCnSTL
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

FWIW - step counting has improved significantly for me after disabling all automatic workouit detection.

On the watch go to the app-ring -> Samsung Health -> Settings -> Workout Detection -> turm 'em all off. 

I don't want automatic detection so this is fine with me, hopefully Samsung releases a real fix soon.

0 Likes