cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: Inaccurate step count

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What I kind of noticed with my Galaxy Watch Active 2 is that it doesn't really count less than approx. 15 steps consecutively. I think it's to prevent counting unneccessary hand motions or other motions that aren't steps. When I was using Fitbit before it would count each and every movement (steps and hand motions, etc.) So, for me, I felt Fitbit overcounted steps. I also felt Fitbit over calculated the calories burned but that's a different issue. Anyway, I do hope you find a solution. I'm really happy with my GWA2. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same issue and it is really making me mad, especially because I like the watch and my husband got it for me for Christmas. With my Fitbit I was averaging well over 20k step per day, with the Active 2 I am lucky if I get over 16k. I take a class called Body Combat where I get at LEAST 7k steps per class. Yesterday was my first day using the watch in class and I only got just over 4000. I really don't want to have to take it back but it will be useless to me if it doesn't accurately count steps.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I recently have been experiencing the same issue. My steps are less than what they used to be. I walk about the same every day and nothing has changed much. I haven't reached my goal in a few weeks for this reason. Smiley Indifferent

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I hope they go to whatever software Fitbit is using. Mine is horrible. I upgraded my Versa to the Active instead of going Versa 2 because I thought some of the other features were better. I was stunned on the first day when I didn't even average 3000 steps?!?! It's beyond poor. Some many complaints all over Google and YouTube. I wish I had saw that first it wasn't until I saw how low my steps registered I really started looking into. Now to decide by Sunday keep or return 😕 Trying to act like their system is more accurate PLEASE!! And EVERY OTHER app or device is wrong. 😡

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If you review the data sheet from samsung health it shows multiple corrections.  I assume these corrections are based on additional movements as well as distance traveled. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did you ever get feedback on this issue? Was it corrected? I am experiencing the same with my Actice 2. I spent over two hours actively moving, then recieved a reminder to "start moving," which I was very confused by. I checked my step count, and my watch definitely had not been counting my steps. So frustrating. 

@samsung

Highlighted
Constellation

Active 2 steps not working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've had my watch about 3 weeks and this morning the step counter just stopped working. 

I don't have the elliptical on, so that's not it. I found one YouTube video that said use a watch face that doesn't have the counter on it. That DOES work, but I want the steps on the face. There has to be a fix other than that?

Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: Active 2 steps not working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userM5X0qxbzYB 

It sounds like the hardware is working being that it does work in general just not with that face. It could be a software glitch. I would recommend factory resetting it and going from there. 

1. Turn the Galaxy Watch Active2 off.
  2. Press and hold the Power key until REBOOTING displays at the bottom of the screen.
  3. Press the Power key three times quickly until the Select REBOOT MODE screen displays.
  4. Press the Power key several times to highlight ' Recovery'.
  5. Press and hold the Home key for three seconds to select, until the Galaxy Watch Active2 begins rebooting.
Highlighted
Constellation

Galaxy Active 2 Step Accuracy

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It's day 3 of wearing my new Galaxy Active 2 watch. The step count is wildy overstated and incrementing when I sleep, drive and sit at my deck.  I understand a SW update in late Sept was intended to fix this but I am not seeing an improvement. Steps are important to me. I'm trying to decide if I should keep or return. Is anyone else having the same issue or know of a fix?

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Galaxy Active 2 Step Accuracy

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same issue. This is the reason I gave up my fitbit because the step count was extremely off and would count steps while sitting down at my desk. My galaxy active 1 used to notify me when I needed to get up and walk and give me an option to stretch. After awhile it stopped doing that and would just count me as moving when I am sitting down. The active 2 is doing the same. It will notify me that I have been inactive and as soon as I look at my watch to see the notification it quickly goes to great you are active again when all I did was lift my arm to look at my watch. It is very inconsistent and I too would like to know if this will be fixed otherwise I will be giving it up and going back to my fossil q wander.