JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

New Galaxy Watch does not count steps

(Topic created: 08-31-2018 08:41 PM)
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi! Just got my Galaxy Watch yesterday. And already today it stopped counting steps. It counted a little and then all together quit. I reset it multiple times and after the third time it counted 50 steps and quit again. Any one else is having this issue?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
446 Replies
usersJmqcev4kg
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
I too now join the group of users with the watch not detecting activities. It has never accurately recorded stairs but had reliably and accurately recorded step. Well at least up to a week ago. Now it intermittently records steps when I look in the Health app. On several of the faces that show steps all I see is zero. Very frustrating. None of the posted steps has resolved the issue.
0 Likes
userhy62Z5bwPU
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

The referenced fix is NOT a solution or a work around.  There are too many reports in this thread where the problem is not solved, including mine.  My watch worked for a year then now suddenly stopped reporting steps in the watch face.  Something changed. What is the official word from Samsung Customer Support Management regarding this problem and a fix or unfixable?  We need to escalate this to Samsung executive management to get their attention.  

Moderator, how do we and to whom do we escalate this pervasive problem??

userwGsriSE0Kn
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

So. The "solution" did not work for me. It stopped measuring my sleep at the same time. 

However, a couple of nights ago, I  pit it on the charger and forgot to put it back on for a couple of days. Today it was counting steps again. Fingers crossed it does sleep again too.

Cocoamoney
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
shame on Samsung for stealing my money! Bought the watch to take my mind off mom in hospital with Covid. I played my self and I'm out 250 bucks. This mess is not recording steps. any tighter and I'll cut off circulation. Stop cappin' Samsung. yall out in these streets robbin'
userTh49rUEaO1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
why are my steps not counting on my Gear3? I've tried every suggestion out there and no luck. can we please have someone look into why this last update caused all sensors to become unresponsive. Was this intentional so that we buy another watch? Please fix, as this is absolutely absurd.
0 Likes
userZJM0UqB8Sn
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I am going mad! I have tried everything. Wake up gesture just doesn't work. At the same time, my heart rate monitor stopped working and my step counter doesn't work either. I tried switching to another watch face too. Theater mode is off. Do not Disturb is OFF. Factory reset with and without restore. Backup and restore only. NOTHING works!!!! Overnight all stopped working. How is that possible! Samsung is really loosing customers!

0 Likes
knightsurgeon
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Watch

An Accepted Solution has been marked, and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. We understand the solution marked may not be a solution for everyone, If you have a separate concern or question, feel free to Private message a moderator or post a new thread with additional details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed in order to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find needed content. Remember that if you do make a new post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring. Thank you for being part of the community!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes