Original topic:

New software update draining battery on Galaxy Watch Active

(Topic created: 03-16-2021 06:38 PM)
usersnUom3zcCE
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi there,

I own a Galaxy Watch Active (D290) Model number SM-R500.

Since last week when I downloaded the new software, the battery  performance has been significantly worse. Before the software update, I could go about two days or so before having to charge. Now it varies from about 4-5 hours of battery to just about 12 hours. I'm not aware of making any changes to my settings to effect the battery. 

Could there be an issue with the new update? Has anybody else encountered something like this?  Hoping there's a solution. Thanks!

3 Replies
userVgoOkCmq1L
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
My husband downloaded the software update this past Saturday and my battery drained within an hour of being fully charged. I think he restored my watch to factory default because it went to an old watch face and the battery issue ceased.
0 Likes
usersnUom3zcCE
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thanks for the info! I tried to do a reset as well, but unfortunately, now it won't pair with my phone. I'm really starting to thing this software update had a bug in it... 

Wondering where is best to get customer support from Samsung. 

0 Likes
userfvbRyPexsZ
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I just updated mine couple of days ago because it kept buzzing me. After updated, my watch died within an hour.  I could do nothing. It would not recharge or restart. Is there anything else I can do? No more buying Samsung watches.

0 Likes