Original topic:

No Vibration for Certain Apps - Twitter & Google News

(Topic created: 05-16-2022 01:02 PM)
userpvse8N3cQZ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

My Galaxy Watch 4 does not give me a vibration only for a few select apps, notably Twitter and Google News.  They are clicked "on" just like all of the others which do vibrate, but those two will not, no matter what I do.  Just curious if there is a fix for this.  Twitter did used to vibrate on my watch when a notification came through on my phone, but stopped with one of the updates earlier this year.  Thanks in advance!

5 Replies
Angel-
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Check in the settings
0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand the importance of receiving your notifications and making sure they vibrate properly on your watch. Give these steps a try: go to your twitter settings on your phone, tap notification categories, then tap the specific notification type (ex. Tweets from people you follow) and in that menu make sure vibrate is selected.

0 Likes
userpvse8N3cQZ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello and thanks for your response.  I tried this on my phone and still it does not work.  It is strange because the Twitter notifications show up on my watch, just without a vibration like all of my other apps.  I used to get a watch vibration for Twitter notifications, but it stopped for this app after an update earlier this year.  I just noticed no vibration for Google News notifications either, though the messages are also on the watch, like with Twitter.  They are all checked in the settings, and vibrations come in for all other notifications.  Thanks!

0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for following up. The next step, I would recommend is clearing the cache for both app. This allows the temporary files for the app to be remove. Go to settings > apps > tap on the proper app, tap on force stop and clear cache from the phone.

I would also recommend uninstalling and re-installing both apps on your phone.See if this updates the vibration for the notifications on your watch.

Are you able to see Twitter and Google New under notification in the Galaxy wearables app for your watch?

0 Likes
userpvse8N3cQZ
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello again and thanks for the follow-up.  I cleared cache and then removed & reinstalled both apps but still no vibration on my watch for these two apps only when a notification comes in on my phone and then watch.  Not sure what the issue is!  Thanks!

0 Likes