Original topic:

No cycling detection on the Galaxy watch 4

(Topic created: 10-07-2021 10:13 PM)
Thermaltake
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi, I had Active Watch 2 before my new Galaxy Watch 4 Classic. And when I got it I configure it and start to wear it. Next day I start riding my bike, but after like hour of riding no cycling detection. I said ok maybe it isn't enabled or something and when I start to dig into watch I saw that it only have walking and running detection, no cycling anymore ?? Why did they remove that option... It seems that 2 year old predecessor and not flagship watch had that option and this expensive one don't. Why Samsung why ?

7 Replies
userD7sd4jj0DE
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

It's frustrations like this one that caused me to return my recently purchased GW4 classic and go back to my trusty GW3 (non-LTE).  The GW4 Classic just seemed to remove so many little toggle options like your example that I just couldn't accept all the compromises I was asked to make for the "upgraded" watch.    So I sent it back.  I'll wait for Samsung to put the GW4 back in the oven to cook it a bit longer cuz it just ain't ready for dinner time yet....

Thermaltake
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

I bought it cause I was think ok now it's not Tizen anymore, cause Tizen on all devices suck so much it's unbelievable. And it should be better, but I guess I was wrong or maybe it's too new and they didn't polish it as they should. I would like to know more from someone in Samsung what were they thinking.

0 Likes
Thermaltake
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Any news Samsung when will this option be available on Galaxy Watch 4 Classic ?

0 Likes
Thermaltake
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

New update arrived yesterday, and still no changes about this...

0 Likes
Thermaltake
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

And another major update came on Oct. 28th, and still no cycling detection. So disappointed in Samsung for not listening to their loyal customers.

SamsungJace
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Thermaltake
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

And still after new big update on watch few days ago, still no cycling detection...Are you even listening to your loyal customers ??

0 Likes