Original topic:

No gps on Samsung health watch app

(Topic created: 12-06-2021 07:37 PM)
Ken-E
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Everything used to work great before, but now I don't have a gps signal when I do my tri-weekly bike ride.  It only affects that watch app.  Google fit works, compass, and maps.  The Samsung app on the phone aquires it quickly with no issues.  Not sure what is up with this app but the gos just blinks. Amy help would be appreciated.  Galaxy watch 4
2 Replies
LACyclist
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Same here. GPS does not work on the most recent Galaxy APP update. APP worked fine for 2 years now they did a major revision and it does not work anymore. No one to contact about this at Samsung
0 Likes
SamsungRyder
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

I am very sorry to hear of the GPS on the Watch not working properly. Your Samsung smart watch has a GPS sensor that can monitor your real-time location without connecting to a phone. When the watch is connected with a phone, it will obtain its GPS location from the phone to help improve the location accuracy. However, GPS on a Galaxy Watch Active2 may not be accurate or take longer (about 2-3 minutes) than usual to obtain your location if the watch is disconnected from your phone for more than a day. Try these steps: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01203472/

Please let me know if this helps, thank you.

0 Likes